Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US *SPOILERS* Locke Theories.

Options
  • 10-09-2005 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭

Let's face it. He is going to be a bad guy in S 02.

Does he still have the gun he took off the smugglers body?

Do you remember how sinister he looked in Claire's dream/vision when he was playing cards? Was it symbolic of him playing with their fates regarding the hatch? What about the black eyes a la evil Willow in Buffy?

What about when he said to Boone about wanting Sayid on his side when the time comes?

Anyone else have any little observences?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

well, he does seem to take things into his own hands..
    he did hit sayid over the head that time

and he listens to and pays more attention to the island rather than the other islanders.. he ran off immediatley when he left Boone with Jack.. more preoccupied with the hatch.. what if the island starts telling him to do things? like kill or sacrifice people? I wouldn't put it past him to do some crazy things.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I think he was one of the first to fall sick....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Sounds good Shab.

(Read if you've seen the latest S2 trailer):
    I think he will become infected, like Rousseau's crew mates, and turn all bad-ass on the survivors. Remember the "Quarantine" sign on the hatch?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

I completely agree that he is going to get the sickness. This is my view on it:
    In keeping with the Faith vs Science theme, Locke will believe that the 'Sickness' is actually some sort of holy present from the island, enabling you to commune with it & the security system or whatever. Some sort of virus. Jack will run off to the tail survivors led by Ana Lucia, and look for some cure for it with Sun, using her herbalist knowledge, in other words, the scientific route.

The Ana/Kate Jack/Sawyer love square is going to be interesting, I bet Sawyer and Ana end up with each other before Jack and Kate. :)

Shabadu wrote:
    I completely agree that he is going to get the sickness. This is my view on it:
    In keeping with the Faith vs Science theme, Locke will believe that the 'Sickness' is actually some sort of holy present from the island, enabling you to commune with it & the security system or whatever. Some sort of virus. Jack will run off to the tail survivors led by Ana Lucia, and look for some cure for it with Sun, using her herbalist knowledge, in other words, the scientific route.

Nice. Or maybe Jack might forget about trying to help Locke, and leave him to go insane. Maybe he feels there's nothing he could do, or maybe he just couldn't be bothered exerting himself on a lost cause like Locke.
    The Ana/Kate Jack/Sawyer love square is going to be interesting, I bet Sawyer and Ana end up with each other before Jack and Kate. :)

I'm not looking forward to meeting Ana Lucia too much. She's just a bit, eugh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

I hope Locke doesn't go nuts. He's been one of the best characters for me.

He's a bit excentric, but he does care for the survivors i think. Pre-hatch, he was provider of the food, was first in line to help when claire went missing, helped charlie deal with his heroin habbit etc.

He is a hindrence to Sayid and the rest who are dedicated to leaving the island, because he doesnt want to. He has been betrayed and discriminated against at home, and people look up to him on the island, and have relied on him, where as he was relying on people when he was at home.

Boone's death wasnt down to him IMO, he was shouting at him to get out. He didnt mean for it to happen, i think.

qz wrote:
    Nice. Or maybe Jack might forget about trying to help Locke, and leave him to go insane. Maybe he feels there's nothing he could do, or maybe he just couldn't be bothered exerting himself on a lost cause like Locke.

I'm not looking forward to meeting Ana Lucia too much. She's just a bit, eugh!

I know what you mean, there's something a little meh about her.

I think Locke will be more evil/crazy than lost cause/crazy though; i feel he will join the Others. Noticed the way he was the only survivor to notice Walt's 'special' qualities?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,457 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Ana/Kate Jack/Sawyer love square is going to be interesting, I bet Sawyer and Ana end up with each other before Jack and Kate.

Thats more like a rhombus. Or a trapezium. I'm getting a warm fuzzy feeling thinking of the
    Ana/Kate
    part. :)

Yoink:
    "Kristen and Steve...part of the Others?"
    My Lost fanatic friend and I were watching last week's 'Walkabout' episode and noticed something that could be interesting. Claire shows Jack pictures of Kristen and Steve (from a photo booth)as she's compiling the list of people to memorialize when the airplane fuselage is burned. Whenever there's a particular focus on something in Lost, it usually turns out to be significant, and we started wondering why the pictures were shown in such detail.
    The fact that Kristen was blonde led us to the final episode of the boat with the others (thank you TiVo), and lo and behold! The woman looks exactly like Kristen, and one of the men, clean shaven and shown fighting with Michael, looks exactly like Steve. There's one clear shot of him that when compared to the photos looks identical.

Also, when Claire is talking about Steve and Kristen, she remarks that, "No matter where they are now, they're not alone." Methinks that's a significant statement. This is also the episode where Rose is adament that Bernard, her husband, is still alive. Perhaps the bearded man is Bernard? Let's add a little frenzy to this theory!

If someone can post screen shots of the photos and then of the woman in the boat (already available under another thread) as well as the clean shaven guy on the boat, that would help. I don't have the technical ability to do so and couldn't find the right pictures on abc.com.

So, what if some of the other survivors, from the tail section perhaps, have been recruited/abducted by the Others? Portent of things to come possibly?

from here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

i think bernard is black(hence the samuel l. flashback rumours)... and that guy looks like a young uncle albert from only fools and horses.

• Advertisement

Shabadu wrote:
    Yoink:

from here.

I can't see their faces...?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

the two guys on the boat were twins

ffs loon, ignore the beardy guy being rose's husband bit, look at the couple.

Sorry if you can't see the pictures jammers, I can. *shrugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

loon is teh trolls i think

I can see them, and the woman in the pic has to be the woman on the boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

i admire your conviction, but thewoman on the boat looks like she has a rounder chin than the colour photo, and why is her neck so long?

42c184335b607451.jpg

Shabadu wrote:
    ffs loon, ignore the beardy guy being rose's husband bit, look at the couple.

Sorry if you can't see the pictures jammers, I can. *shrugs*

I tried looking at the scene before clicking the link...TBH i think its clutching at straws, dont see any major ressemblence.

loon wrote:
    i admire your conviction, but thewoman on the boat looks like she has a rounder chin than the colour photo, and why is her neck so long?

42c184335b607451.jpg
    I don't know why her neck is so long, but i'll warrant it has something to do with YORE MA!

:d

The way clair kept talking about them does seem signifigant though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

The way clair kept talking about them does seem signifigant though

I agree..
    This being Lost... I would not put it past the writers... it's hard to see a resemblance because it's dark, but the amount of time Claire spent talking about them... it seems a bit odd that something like that would be found and discussed like that for nothing... well, odd for Lost anyway

When Rom takes Claire, Locke is fairly non-fazed about following him. Jack wanted to rush, Locke was tracking slowly etc. When Jack wanted to follow Charlie's bandage trail, Locke said he saw, a footprint trail leading elsewhere and disregarded the bandages.

When Claire returned, he was the one in the jungle with Boone who found her. Remember the creepy look in his eye, and the way he gripped his knife just before she appeared?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Shabadu wrote:
    When Rom takes Claire, Locke is fairly non-fazed about following him. Jack wanted to rush, Locke was tracking slowly etc. When Jack wanted to follow Charlie's bandage trail, Locke said he saw, a footprint trail leading elsewhere and disregarded the bandages.

When Claire returned, he was the one in the jungle with Boone who found her. Remember the creepy look in his eye, and the way he gripped his knife just before she appeared?
    And? If there was a point there I think I've missed it.

Locke looked scared when he heard Claire, it could have been another polar bear.

Advertisement