Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick idea for the bridges

Options
  • 10-09-2005 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

I think it would be a good idea if the 3 main bridges in the city, Shannon, Sarsfield and Thomond Bridge all had lifesaver rings in the middle of them - it probably wouldn't cost that much and if it saved at least one life the cost would be worth it. Nearly every year you hear of some poor soul falling/jumping off one of the bridges - it would be handy if there was a handy way of rescuing them for people walking along the bridges.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Doesn't the Sarsfield bridge have one already? Or did I dream it?

(or did some gobsheen rob it?)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I vaguely remember seeing them on the new bridge (condell road) and on the one going onto the ennis road, they kept getting stolen if i remember rightly.

theres some going along clancy strand and O callighan strand, (at least they were on o callighan strand before they started digging it up)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think they used to be around the bridges or there abouts but more than likely some scumbags thought it was a good idea to rob them or through them in the river.

Advertisement