Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jesus Christ - Holy Blood - Holy Grail.

Options
  • 10-09-2005 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭

Well if you have ever read the Da Vinci Code or even a fan of Fair City, charlie's fretting over it right now. you should be aware of the plot. I think it makes perfect sense and the fact of how the church has covered it all up is what worries me. I think they are all linked, that the descendants of Jesus have infiltrated the Illuminati and Masonic Lodge and that it is they are responsible for the New World Order. I know it sound a bit tin-foil hat like but just think about it.
    I also think that the CIA did 9/11 and that the USA is deliberately protecting Israel and trying to wipe out all non desirables of the world, Just look at the slow and sloppy response to Hurricane Katrina, There would have been a much faster efficient response had Jews or White people being the main casualties. I am certain that there is an unseen force behind all this and i think it is Jesus's descendants.

What do you think ??

It's tin-foily i know, but it makes a conspiracy theorist think doesn't it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

wow... you hit the nail right on the head. Thats exactly whats happening ;)

There is a difference between idiot theorist and conspiracy theorist.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

take a week's break playboy.

netwhizkid wrote:
    Well if you have ever read the Da Vinci Code or even a fan of Fair City, charlie's fretting over it right now. you should be aware of the plot. I think it makes perfect sense and the fact of how the church has covered it all up is what worries me. I think they are all linked, that the descendants of Jesus have infiltrated the Illuminati and Masonic Lodge and that it is they are responsible for the New World Order. I know it sound a bit tin-foil hat like but just think about it.

I thought the Da Vinci Code dealt more with the Knights Templar, it was Angels and Demons which was about the Iluminati.

As well as that according to the book (which, may I remind you is a work of fiction) the decendants of Jesus were running from, rather than running the church.
    I also think that the CIA did 9/11

care to back that up?
    and that the USA is deliberately protecting Israel and trying to wipe out all non desirables of the world, Just look at the slow and sloppy response to Hurricane Katrina, There would have been a much faster efficient response had Jews or White people being the main casualties. I am certain that there is an unseen force behind all this and i think it is Jesus's descendants.

I doubt Jesus' decendants would want to bring that kind of attention to themselves, can you imagine what it would do to the Christian faith if it was suddenly and indisputedly revealed that Jesus had a wife and kids, the Catholic church went ape**** when it was even suggested in Dan Brown's work of fiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

If you made a big list of all the major conspiracies from giant green lizards to Roswell to JFK's assassination to 9/11, etc, etc, what percentage of them do you think would be true?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

The Da Vinci Code has 10 times more inaccuracies and downright factual lies in it than Oliver Stone's JFK.

Not exactly a reliable source for such a theory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Wasn't the Priory of Sion created in the 50's by a French Surrealist for a laugh? This may be misinformation, but it's pretty plausible.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

TBH, I don't really like the idea of Jesus descendents being out to get the catholic church. But I do think that the catholic church is hiding something. And that something is that...... the bible has absolutely no relevence to the 21st century what so ever. If you bother to read the bible, bearing in mind what was going on in the world at the time. All the books that actually touch on what christianity is (the bible after the gospels), they are all talking about "and these things will shortly take place". Also, there is an awful lot of reference in the bible to the "sacret secret". But at no point in the bible is the sacret secret actually explained.

My take on christianity is that the whole New Testememnt was written for a group of people who morphed from a hated and persecuted cult, into the most influential people in the world. (Holy Roman Empire). And the bible basically predicted this rise to power. That's my impression of the bible anyway. The secret the catholic church are with-holding is that the bible was not written for us, and it does not even refer to people who were not alive at the time.

weemcd, kindly refer to the charter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Maybe the answer to this could be found in the Dead Sea Scrolls but the catholic church restricted access to them.

popinfresh wrote:
    But at no point in the bible is the sacret secret actually explained.

That would spoil the fun!

But seriously, that's basic tactics for almost every religion/cult/even semi-esoteric group. Leave tantalizing hints and give assurances of enlightenment upon advancement to higher ranks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Pongo

Wasn't the Priory of Sion created in the 50's by a French Surrealist for a laugh? This may be misinformation, but it's pretty plausible.

I think it was the 70's, keep an eye out for the Discovery channel documentary hosted by Tony 'Baldrick' Robinson. Excellent programme, which basically dismantled all the 'conspiracies' in the book one by one, in great detail....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Pongo wrote:
    I think it was the 70's, keep an eye out for the Discovery channel documentary hosted by Tony 'Baldrick' Robinson. Excellent programme, which basically dismantled all the 'conspiracies' in the book one by one, in great detail....

Yeah, it was called 'The Real Da Vinci Code'. When you look at the biblical texts relating to the life of Jesus you will see that there is more evidence to suggest he was unmarried rather than married. It's one conspiracy that I don't find myself too convinced by, not only because the 'evidence' (or lack thereof) is pure conjecture and the truth is around 2000 years old. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Da Vinci Code is b/s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

netwhizkid wrote:
    I also think that the CIA did 9/11 and that the USA is deliberately protecting Israel and trying to wipe out all non desirables of the world, Just look at the slow and sloppy response to Hurricane Katrina, There would have been a much faster efficient response had Jews or White people being the main casualties. I am certain that there is an unseen force behind all this and i think it is Jesus's descendants.

What do you think ??

It's tin-foily i know, but it makes a conspiracy theorist think doesn't it ?

jeeze netwhiz..all the major foodgroups are there !!! LOL

on the jewish thing: firstly that is so incredibly racist it defies belief. if i changed that word to palestinian, there would be uproar but somehow the jewish 'thing' is acceptable. these type of comments were used in exactly the same way prior to the second world war when hitler used the media to blame them for the 'stab in the back' for the first world war. he ignored the fact that german jews FOUGHT for GERMANY in the first world war...and died just like everyone else. he accused them of creating democracy and communism and running the communist state, which is funny (and i dont mean ha ha funny) because at exactly the same time, stalin was executing them for being jewish...go figure...

i think it took 25 minutes after the july attacks in the UK before the message went out the the JEWS knew about it...25 minutes...to be honest if they are even responsible for 10% of the things they are accuesed of in conspiracy sites, how they actualy have time to eat or sleep is beyond me with all the conspiracies they are running, jeeze there must be millions working in mossad!!! :D

also a small point...jesus was a jew...and as for the da VINCI CODE..great book...complete and utter bull****...ITS FICTION FOR GODS SAKE!!!!

now if you want something interesting how about all of the old paintings showing flying saucers..i kid you not!!!

as for katrina..katrina did not swamp new orleans during the storm (except the usual rain thing), the levees failing the day after is what caused the problems we see now (as a result of katrina --that is sure). New Orleans and the govenor over the last 20 years have refused to do anythign about a levee system that everyone knew would fail and i think the federal government also has to accept some responsibility there...and the so called levee comittee in NO that had done bugger all as well? why they are not under arrest is beyond me.

as for the US supporting Israel...i would ask you why? and please check about the old soviet empire to see the realpolitik of the region...this has more to do with the cold war with the soviets then anything else....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 theLegend

Da Vinci code is bs but there is a well researched book from the eighties called the holy blood and the holy grail which makes some pretty good arguments for the existence of the priory of sion and supports the argument that jesus was married

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭colin300

I personally believe that the church is a sham. Well anyone that can prove that it isn't i would like to talk to. The church was set up in the 4th century and the bible was compiled by people in power so guess what??? Yes they made it work for themselves.

The thing about Jews being involved in the 7/7 attacks is bs no other way. They went to pakistan and last time i checked u would be a billionaire to find a jew in that place. 9/11 is a bit of a toss up for me. Not too sure about that but some of the stuff like finding one of the guys passports on the ground after he had been pulverised into a million pieces of dust is some sh*t. I do believe though in some way one part of the secret service cia type things had fore warning.

Personally I dont believe in any religion. If i were to believe in one I would probably have to say Buddism i think it is the one that accepts all other religions? I hate people that believe there religion is correct it is quite annoying considering they were all made a couple of thousand years ago and possibly by lunatics. I believe we are in a matrix type place. The film really appealed to me.

colin300 wrote:
    stuff like finding one of the guys passports on the ground after he had been pulverised into a million pieces of dust is some sh*t.

I can't see the Security Services being dumb enough to make something like that up though. It is really unlikely, but there is a tiny chance it would happen. I don't believe it happened, but how could they expect anyone to believe them?

On the other hand, how do they know it was a hijackers passport if they didn't have foreknowledge of the hijackers identities and, by extension, the hijackings?

I will eventually get around to the 9/11 thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

netwhizkid wrote:
    I am certain that there is an unseen force behind all this and i think it is Jesus's descendants.

Hold on, Jesus as in the son of God right?, the Jesus who implored people to love thy fellow man irrespective of differences... not some bloke Jesus down the road right?

I really, really couldn't disagree more with this theory, why would (if they even exist) Jesus's descendants do this?, why do you think they'd help white and jewish people when Jesus preached that we're ALL God's children?... is this some militant wing of the Jesus family tree you're referring to here?.

Even if you were right and Jesus's descendants are behind it all, I'd tell God to go **** himself at his pearly white gates if he had made second class humans out of asians/africans/middle easterns

Well that's my 2 cents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

colin300 wrote:
    Personally I dont believe in any religion. If i were to believe in one I would probably have to say Buddism i think it is the one that accepts all other religions? I hate people that believe there religion is correct it is quite annoying considering they were all made a couple of thousand years ago and possibly by lunatics. I believe we are in a matrix type place. The film really appealed to me.

You don't believe in Religion but think we live in a Matrix reality? :confused:

I'm an atheist and don't believe in ANYTHING spiritual, I think that now we begin to advance in our scientific understanding of the Universe, people will wake up out of the concept of religions/fairy tales.

colin300 wrote:
    I personally believe that the church is a sham. Well anyone that can prove that it isn't i would like to talk to. The church was set up in the 4th century and the bible was compiled by people in power so guess what??? Yes they made it work for themselves.

Right, so what's your evidence that the Church is a sham then? Because it could be? Not really convincing tbh.
    colin300 wrote:

Ah yes, Buddhism, the trendy solution to all spiritual questions in today's world. I bet you know little about Buddhism, including how to spell it.... If you hate people that believe religion is correct, you must accept some blame for blindly believing it is incorrect; and the scriptures contained in the Bible were certainly not composed by raving 'lunatics', which you might come to realise if you read and made sense of them.

But there you go, today it's more plausible to believe in a film by the Wachowski brothers than in a religion that has guided people for 2 millenia.

• Advertisement

i think it took 25 minutes after the july attacks in the UK before the message went out the the JEWS knew about it...25 minutes...to be honest if they are even responsible for 10% of the things they are accuesed of in conspiracy sites, how they actualy have time to eat or sleep is beyond me with all the conspiracies they are running, jeeze there must be millions working in mossad!!! :D

While your historical information was true and correct, Mossad must also accept their portion of the blame for many of the conspiracy theories involving it. Mossad were found actively spying and infiltrating sovereign governments, and carried out car bomb assassinations on political opponents in foreign countries. That's not exactly benevolent or democratic behaviour now is it? With regards to 9/11 there is some evidence to suggest Mossad knew about the threat, and indeed warned the United States of it.

Do you think the mysterious (but timely from an Israeli perspective) death of Arafat, and the mysterious killing of Hariri in Lebanon (and subsequently blamed on Syria, who continue to deny any involvement, but where forced from Lebanon as a result) are a little strange?
    as for the US supporting Israel...i would ask you why? and please check about the old soviet empire to see the realpolitik of the region...this has more to do with the cold war with the soviets then anything else....

Why do they support Israel? Because there is a huge and powerful Jewish lobby in the States, and because America has an interest and many enemies in the middle east, so it is necessary for them to support the state of israel. Anyone can see that the Americans support Israel, they give them weapons, money and historically vetoed UN draft resolutions against Israel, and were one of the only countries not to condemn Israeli aggressions (war crimes?) gainst Palestinians.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

Da Vinci code is bs but there is a well researched book from the eighties called the holy blood and the holy grail which makes some pretty good arguments for the existence of the priory of sion and supports the argument that jesus was married

I think that book is largely the basis for the Da Vinci Code book. The author was made to look like a complete muppet in the Tony Robinson documentary. He even admitted it was all hinged on a conjecture rather than factual evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Kernel wrote:
    While your historical information was true and correct, Mossad must also accept their portion of the blame for many of the conspiracy theories involving it. Mossad were found actively spying and infiltrating sovereign governments, and carried out car bomb assassinations on political opponents in foreign countries. That's not exactly benevolent or democratic behaviour now is it? With regards to 9/11 there is some evidence to suggest Mossad knew about the threat, and indeed warned the United States of it.

Do you think the mysterious (but timely from an Israeli perspective) death of Arafat, and the mysterious killing of Hariri in Lebanon (and subsequently blamed on Syria, who continue to deny any involvement, but where forced from Lebanon as a result) are a little strange?

Why do they support Israel? Because there is a huge and powerful Jewish lobby in the States, and because America has an interest and many enemies in the middle east, so it is necessary for them to support the state of israel. Anyone can see that the Americans support Israel, they give them weapons, money and historically vetoed UN draft resolutions against Israel, and were one of the only countries not to condemn Israeli aggressions (war crimes?) gainst Palestinians.

true..they carry out assinations but then again name me one democratic country that has not carried out illegal assinations...so i dont think they are alone there, even the french blew up greenpeace...the french government legalising torture in algeria in the 60's so their troops could 'go to work', the brits shoot to kill policy, the US interfering in italian elections in the 60's, supporting the mujahadeen in Afghanistan, the soviets invading Hunguary (altho hardly democratic).

as for supporting israel? absolutely their is a large (largely democratic party supprting it must be said) voting block in the Us, just like there is a large irish voting block..a large hispanic block. the irish have done extremely well out of this from green cards when we ewere emigrating to jobs in us forms now. that bowl of shamroch from bertie is worth a lot to this country!!

as for supporting Israel in the UN, you get no arguement from me there (i think the US support has done them incredible harm) but it must also be said 85% of the time (and i can get the exact % if you like, i just lost the link) the Arab League votes against the US and Israel--regardless. The arab League will not support the illegalisation of suicide bombers against israel in the UN and frequently block it. So when it goes to blocking in the UN, no one can be all pure and white....

what i always find distressing about the middle east is that the soviets and the us and later china used the middle east as a military testing ground using satellite states. for instance, a russian firm was delivering GPS jammers to Saddam. Think about that-- they wanted an semi accurate weapon to become an innacurate one and too hell with the consequences?? the chinese sold saddam fibre optics for communications and all this in the last gulf war, the problem is no one is innocent here....but i dont think that Israel is any better or worse then anyone else...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

From http://picard.astro.indiana.edu/ATL/archives/2005/06/holy_blood_holy.html

At it's heart, HBHG was a novel by three historical journalists trying to answer an apparent mystery surrounding a French Priest named Sauniere and his "discovery" of ancient parchments at Rennes-le-Chateau. The parchments were said to be copies of older documents that contained both coded information about a secret society named "The Priory of Sion" and a special lineage of kings leading to the Merovingian dynasty and possibly Jesus. The implication is that Jesus may have been married and had a son which carried royal/mystical blood.

I must say that I enjoyed much of the book simply for it "mysterious" questions and intriguing clues. There were many historical stories which I was not aware, such as the role of the true "Order of Sion" and the Knights Templar in the Crusades. I also was not aware of the historical background regarding the compilation of the Gospels, as well as the myriad of esoteric sects and Masonic origins within the Middle ages. The authors, at their best, seemed truly interested in verifying stories from different sources for *most* of the novel.

I did notice quite early in the book, however, that the authors had a tendancy to draw conclusions based on supposition. Most notably, they would often claim that the absence of documented material, particularly regarding the marital status of Jesus and current documents of the Priory shows a massive, concerted cover up. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. While the authors still claim that their theory about the bloodline is a hypothesis, it is clearly a hypothesis that is synthesized instead of analyzed.

In fact, the authors make a point to stop their book just to explain why scholars have not recognized that Jesus may have been married. Their excuse is that all historians are specialized and don't take the time to step back and "read between the lines". Not only does this sound like bad science, but it is very similar to diatribes from the nut-cases that show up around the astronomy department from time to time. Alarm bells were ringing in my head.

As it turns out, the "Priory of Sion" as it currently exists was actually an elaborate hoax perpetuated by Pierre Plantard, a right-wing french nationalist looking for political power and attention (as, of course, the "rightful" heir in the Merovingian bloodline). He enlisted the help of two individuals, one an adept historian of the Merovingian dynasty, to forge and diseminate the "Priory" documents to the authors of the book...who bit on it hook, line, and sinker. After the book was written, Plantard acknowledged the forgery under pressure from the French authorities after they seized his residence and a treasure trove of "Priory" documents. Apparently, the authors of the book continue to stick to their hypothesis even though they know the evidence is tenuous at best.

So, where does that leave us? Try googling "Priory of Sion". You'll find all sorts of mystical hocus-pocus, doomsday scenarios, and even some UFO connections. Because of the sensationalistic claims of the authors, we are left with more popular speculation and mythmaking than we began with. I applaud the authors for a well-written esoteric/exoteric history that, in essense, sets a backdrop for the current day secular vs. religion debate. I even applaud their attempt to understand the beginning of Christianity from a social viewpoint. But against the claims of the authors, it sure feels like they are reaching to prove their Jesus-bloodline hypothesis no matter how circumstantial and speculative the evidence is. In the end, I felt both enlightened and yet disappointed with the book. However, I highly recommend the read, if for nothing else, entertainment while staying up all night!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement