Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating for new home

Options
  • 10-09-2005 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi all

Just a quick question. Reading in papers and on the news that gas and oil prices are set to rise (yet again) and seems to me that this is going to continue on as we run out of reserves.

I am in the process of getting plans made up for building new house and wonder if anyone any ideas as to what other systems are out there for heating homes that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg to install that they would recommend.

Cheers!

Larrymo

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

best bet is to goto www.irish-energy.ie

and search this section of boards
    there is plenty of chat about

geothermal
    wind
    solar
    wood pellets
    heated air circulation
    passive heating

hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Maybe get a back boiler for you fire? I have one in a house of mine that I now rent out. The rads heated up fairly quick and were very warm. The lithuanian family that rents it have a pretty good supply of pallets that they burn. So they get a nice fire and warm rads. I'm not saying you have to go down this fuel route but it's a good way to make extra use of your fire.

Advertisement