Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

errr Screen play thingy

Options
  • 09-09-2005 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I have just a few question , queries about actually writing process, I have been for some time working on a project of my own and the more i work on it the more take with doing this I am , I have one problem , whats in my head does no come out through my hand on to the page the way I want it, just to show how serious i am , my sister is an artist and has begun helping me on the story boarding this "project". I have to get this thing done its driving me nuts so can someone point me in the right direction as what books i should read as a guide to how to do this properly and also how to improve ones abililty to express themselves ... also on charchter devlopement and other stuff like that

thanks
    Joe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭shiv

Hi Joe,
    Not sure if this will help or not, but I've heard Julia Cameron's "The Artist's Way" or something similar-sounding is a great creative guide.
    Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Shad0r

I asked a question like that once on this forum, and I was told to go and read Stephen King's - On Writing. Twice. I did and am glad of it. That's more novel fiction than screenplay writing however....still the principle translates...just find a really famous playwright who has written a book on how to do it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

thanks for the relpys shiv & Shad0r
    i will lookin to both sujestions

Thanks again
    Joe

Advertisement