Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mike Nielsen gig

Options
  • 09-09-2005 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

I saw Mike Nielsen in Cabinteely House last night. It was a solo accoustic "recital" for Dun Laoghaire Rathdown county council or whatever they are called and is part of a series that they run.

He played a nylon string, classical guitar but with a cut away (to get at the high frets) and pick up and played 9 pieces in classical finger style but standing up. It is a class act. Go see him. He plays in Bray on 24th sept in a trio with double bass and drums.

The nicest things (for me) that he played were Memories of Tomorrow by Keith Jarret, Mood Indigo by Ellington, All of Me by some ancient writer of ditties and his own composition Montuno Africano. It was very intimate as I was sitting a few metres away from him and I could hear his shoes and his guitar strap squeak.

Desmo

Comments

Advertisement