Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Options

Options
  • 08-09-2005 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here is planning on going to the Higher Options in the RDS this year, and if anyone is which day they're going. Seems like a logical place for a mini-reunion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

yore ma seems like a logical place for a mini-reunion,
    sorry aonghus, you know i love you,
    carry on,
    ill probaly mitch and go up if the school wont let me go.(most people go knacker drinking when they mitch, i go and do something educational-ish*NERD*)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Ah Guy, Aoibheann would be so proud, except for, y'know, all the other stuff. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

This just in, I'm going on the Thursday(22)

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

I'm going on the 22nd too, to the best of my knowledge. Though it might be the 23rd... A mini-reunion would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

I'm going on the 23rd (Friday)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

What's this now?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

I'll be there, I think on the 23rd. Sigh, the future

22nd is best, according to my guidance chappy. Stuff tends to be gone on the 23rd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I'm going on Thursday evening methinks.

In retrospect, we should have tried to co-ordinate this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

The boys school is going on thursday so our school have to go on friday... Damn. My boyfriend gets to see Emily and Aonghus and I don't...*tear*

Unf!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Ah Guy, Aoibheann would be so proud, except for, y'know, all the other stuff. :p

heh :)

Oh yeah, I'm going on Wednesday the 21st, methinks.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

You'll probably bump into tonnes of CTYI people there anyway, even if you don't organise a formal reunion. I bumped into loads at the one last year, and I got lots of free pens and lollypops, so all in all it was a good day!!

Wowipops! Yay!

Awww, that is officially the cutest spelling of lollipops ever!!! :rolleyes:
    See R4ph, being graimaclly innocrrcet can be fun!!!
    :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Good stands to go to:
    - Skoool.ie gave out free pens, sweets and mobile radiation reducers
    - DCU gave out free pens
    - City University, London (I'm not sure if that's an accurate name, but it definitely had City in it and it was in London) gave out free pens, notepads and bags when you signed up for information that they don't send you anyway
    - Portobello College gave out free lollypops
    - Pigsback gave out free pencils
    - There was another stand that had a tin of Cadbury's Roses, but I can't remember which one it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

Wierd, saw Eoin Carolan today at the Trinity stand.

So, who's gonna be there tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

Steal free pens! and pencils! note paper! everything! I command you!

I got through all of sixth year (stationary-wise), off the back of the higher options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

So, having been to higher options, do y'all now know exactly what to do with the rest of your lives? I've merely managed to become even more confused than before, and acquire a whole load of useless prospectuses (prospectii?)...
    Woo.

I'll be goin' tomorrow. What kind of free stuff can I expect this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

LiamD wrote:
    Wierd, saw Eoin Carolan today at the Trinity stand.

Snap. Was talking to him yesterday, twas nice to see him. I was somewhat surprised too, then I remembered about him lecturing there and all.

Yesterday was fun, except for the scarily heavy bag I ended up carrying around all day. Cursed college prospectuses.

I gained prospectuses, which I will use for the purposes of deciding back-ups for the CAO and fobbing off my guidance counciller.

And Lancaster had free fuzzies!

Thanks Aonghus, now I can look out for that stuff this morning (somehow conveys sarcasm in writing form). Damn I wish I'd known there were fuzzies.

That's only assuming they had a new batch for friday. Me and Lorcan got the last 3 fuzzies

Hey R4ph!!!
    My silly bf seen you at H.O. Just in case you didn't realise who the tall dude with the red hair saying hi to you was...
    :)

I remember little...

Advertisement