Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roloading question

Options
  • 08-09-2005 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Any of you lads reloading yet?

I know its jumping the gun (pardon the pun), but is anyone actually doing this yet?

If McDowell's bill includes reloading up to limits on the certificate, can I start buying equipment now?

The Lee precision stuff looks reasonable, and is available on-line, but I dont want customs, and the local swat team arriving to arrest me when I go to collect the parcel.

Let me know what you have experienced...

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 cycllops

I'd better hold off...

and replace the brass 25 pounder cartridge case holding the poker and tongs in front of the fireplace...

I have lots of brass collected at the midlands.

this is such nonsense...

I hope the court proceedings fall flat on their arse, as deserved...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Flattop 15

Nothing stopping you from buying the equipment.So long as you dont have primers or powder.You can always be customiseing your ammo and require the equipment to tear down and reassemble the ammo to your specs.Which is totally legal here and was proven in a court case here appx ten years ago.
    As for this nonsense about possesion of ammo components in collecting empties.This is a Garda hassle tactic.They know damn well that there are enough ex artillery shells and bofors shells standing alongside the fireplaces of Ireland.Methinks there was somthing abit more to this case up in Dublin than meets the eye.Wonder why the case was deferred????

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Wildly speculating Flattop, I'd guess it was because everyone's watching the CJB to see which way the wind is blowing over this sort of thing!

Advertisement