Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Another rant - stupid women

Options
  • 08-09-2005 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭

Why are people so inconsiderate?
    I witness this every day outside this particular school - stupid mothers blocking the disabled spaces for up to half an hour - really annoys me...

[IMG][/img]muppetmums9mw.jpg

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Paint a wheelchair on the bonnet and park on top of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

This is well offside. A red card offence I think.

Complain to Gardai and get them stuck with a ticket.

Better still if they are stupid enough to park in the space and you are in Dublin get the parking possie to clamp them or even tow them as that is always good for a laugh and saves so many words ! :)

By the way do not appear near the scene lest they suspect you as the informant !! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

You really need a bit of face-to-face confrontation here - Approach the lady in question as she parks and let her know how inconsiderate she is being. When she responds with 'sure I'll only be 2 minutes', point out the other spaces which are intended for the '2 minute' people and advise her that the disabled spot is only for those with a disabled pass.

It's amazing how effective this can be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yeah. Damn women should be made illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

solution 1:

1.follow the owner(s) home, then go and get 2 old wheelchairs, a good sds battery drill, and 4 heavy duty hilti chemical bolts.

2. position the wheelchairs in front of her/his car, so that they just block the car in the drive, the reverse of how the 2 cars in the pic. are blocking the space, and securely fix the chairs to concrete/tarmac.

3. sit across the road and laugh your arse off ;)

solution 2:

get them clamped, easier, and well deserved(if no fun).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

simu wrote:
    Yeah. Damn women should be made illegal.

Now there's a policy I can get behind. Simu for taoiseach!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Near my young fellas school there is a terrace of houses which have a rear carpark. The entrance is wide and marked with yellow no-parking hashes etc. I walked past this morning and someone had parked her Galaxy on it. Now it is wide enough to fit two cars so to ensure it was totally blocked the car was parked diagonally... I know its only for a few minutes but it must be a right pain for the residents and there are other places you can park the car but then again they involve a 2minute walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

There's no excuse for inconsideration like that but it's not restricted to women, men are just as likely to block\use disabled spaces. Were I in your position I'd tap on their window and let them know what they were doing but you may may not want to do that for your kids sake in which case you should do like other's have mentioned and get in touch with the parking people or gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

BigCon wrote:
    I witness this every day outside this particular school - stupid mothers blocking the disabled spaces for up to half an hour - really annoys me...

Why did you block out their reg? Name & shame the pra7s.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

This morning, same driver, same location, same diagonal parking... sheesh...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Debbio69

Dats Disgracefull, U Should Ring Dublin Council Tell Them Bout It And Get Them Clamped Or Be Petty And Block Them In :d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭JungleBunny

Get'em clamped. They deserve it.

But not all women are that bad :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Get'em clamped. They deserve it.

But not all women are that bad :rolleyes:

Most are, as soon as schools come back traffic around Blanchardstown goes mental, all of them driving around in there people carriers without a clue how to drive or park! if you think I am talking s**t just drive around Coolmine from 3-4 and see what it is like!!! just block up the whole traffic by parking anywhere they want and sit there like dopes in there cars and dont even realise the whole place is backed up because of them and then there friend comes down and jumps in behind them so they can have a chat(gossip) while little Jonny comes out!!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

That's f**ked up, they know they can't park in the disabled spot so they just block it off, and probably take up some of the road aswell (is that the school on the ratoath road btw ?). Some people seem to think they have the right to do whatever is most convenient for them without giving a thought to anyone else. The most messed up thing is that they probably think of these as being 'their' parking spaces now and if they came along and found someone else there they'd go apes**t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Guys (and gals) less of the "battle of the sexes" eh? If men did the school runs it would be men blocking side streets, parking spaces, having a natter about 'the match' (jasus he was deffo off-side yadda yadda yadda) etc.

I'd report them its not like its a one-off.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

mike65 wrote:
    Guys (and gals) less of the "battle of the sexes" eh? If men did the school runs it would be men blocking side streets, parking spaces, having a natter about 'the match' (jasus he was deffo off-side yadda yadda yadda) etc.
    Absolutely. The only difference is that men would do it on purpose, fully aware of what they were blocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

let the air out of thier tyres

women cant change wheels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

women cant change wheels
    dahamsta wrote:
    Paint a wheelchair on the bonnet and park on top of it.

LOL...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

women cant change wheels
    so instead of the space being unusable for half an hour you'd like it usable forever?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Oscardewringer

BigCon wrote: »

Women - lack of brain tissue ... Hahaha

Get the youks clamped !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

resurrection much?

If they are still there after the 6 years since this thread was last posted i would say towing should be undertaken now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Women - lack of brain tissue ... Hahaha
    Get the youks clamped !
    Do not do it again, either resurrecting very old threads or spout sexist remarks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement