Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brief

Options
  • 08-09-2005 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Hi, a really close friend of mine is going away to spend a year in a German university and I want to put this on a good luck card - exceot I'd like to write in German and my German is nicht zehr gut!!

If anybody can help I'd appreciate it enormously:

Liebe Aisling

Good luck with your year in Bamberg, I know that you'll have a great time and I only hope you will still want to come home by the end of it. You should have been born a German so I know this year will probably be the most enjoyable of your college years, even without all of your old friends! Promise we'll come visit you soon. The year will go by very quickly so enjoy every minute of it. Before you know it you'll be back in Limerick again wishing you were back in Bamberg!!

Say hello to Germany for me,
    Good luck with everything

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭sgthighway

MS Word 2003 Translation gives:

Gutes Glück mit Ihrem Jahr in Bamberg, Ich weiß, daß Sie eine große Zeit haben und ich hoffe nur, daß Sieruhig Ende es nach Hause kommen wünschen. Ihnen sollten geboren worden sein ein Deutscher, also weiß ich, daßdieses Jahr vermutlich Ihrer Hochschuljahre das erfreulichste ist, glätten Sie ohne alle Ihre alten Freunde! Versprechung kommen wir Besuch Sie bald. Das Jahr vergeht sehr schnell, also genießen Sie jede Minute von es. Bevor Sie wissen, daß es Sie zurück in wieder wünschendem Limerickist, waren Sie zurück in Bamberg!!

Sagen hallo nach Deutschland für mich,
    Gutes Glück mit alles

Get a second opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Liebe Aisling

Good luck with your year in Bamberg, I know that you'll have a great time and I only hope you will still want to come home by the end of it. You should have been born a German so I know this year will probably be the most enjoyable of your college years, even without all of your old friends! Promise we'll come visit you soon. The year will go by very quickly so enjoy every minute of it. Before you know it you'll be back in Limerick again wishing you were back in Bamberg!!

Say hello to Germany for me,
    Good luck with everything

please replace ae oe ue with the proper Umlauts (if you can)

Liebe Aisling

Ich wuensche dir viel Glueck fuer dein Jahr in Bamberg. Ich weiss, dass du eine tolle Zeit haben wirst und kann nur hoffen, dass du am Ende auch wieder nach Hause kommen willst. Du haettest als Deutsche geboren werden sollen, daher bin ich sicher, dass dieses eine Jahr bestimmt das schoenste Jahr deiner Studienzeit sein wird, auch ohne deine alten Freunde! Wir kommen dich bald besuchen, versprochen. Das Jahr wird schnell vergehen, also geniesse jede Minute. Bevor du dich versiehst, wirst du wieder in Limerick sein und dich nach Bamberg sehnen !!

Gruesse Deutschland von mir,
    Viel Glueck

no second opinion needed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Sin scéal eile

peasant wrote:

I'll second that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

peasant wrote:
    please replace ae oe ue with the proper Umlauts (if you can)

Liebe Aisling

Ich wuensche dir viel Glueck fuer dein Jahr in Bamberg. Ich weiss, dass du eine tolle Zeit haben wirst und kann nur hoffen, dass du am Ende auch wieder nach Hause kommen willst. Du haettest als Deutsche geboren werden sollen, daher bin ich sicher, dass dieses eine Jahr bestimmt das schoenste Jahr deiner Studienzeit sein wird, auch ohne deine alten Freunde! Wir kommen dich bald besuchen, versprochen. Das Jahr wird schnell vergehen, also geniesse jede Minute. Bevor du dich versiehst, wirst du wieder in Limerick sein und dich nach Bamberg sehnen !!

Gruesse Deutschland von mir,
    Viel Glueck

good grief, I would say you either spent some time in Germania or you actually listened to what they said at scholl, then cut the rubbish out what was wrong :D

Good work though.

Gilgamesh wrote:
    good grief, I would say you either spent some time in Germania or you actually listened to what they said at scholl, then cut the rubbish out what was wrong :D

Or Peasant is German...??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Zehn Punkte und eine aufblasbare Waschmaschine an:

That's another story altogether

for the correct answer.

peasant wrote:
    Zehn Punkte und eine aufblasbare Waschmaschine an:

That's another story altogether

Also eine aufblasbare Waschmaschine kann ich nicht gebrauchen, meine Tochter läßt ständig ihre Haarspangen in ihre Hosentaschen, sie könnten vielleicht die Maschine zum platzen bringen...

Advertisement