Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooler Master Cavalier 4

Options
  • 08-09-2005 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Thinking about building a system in a Cooler Master Cavalier 4.

Anyone got any opinion on it? Any issues, problems people have come across? Is is noisy or quiet? PSU ok? Standard ATX board fit ok?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

You no they also make a Towe case model of that :). I have been told these are a bit heavy but then what steel chassis case isnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭troy

Yeah thanks. I am thinking about it as a media centre/gaming pc that I am going to plug into the DVI on my LCD tv. In order to convince the fiancee it will have to fit in with the rest of the AV stuff (DVD/VCR, PS2, etc) and not really look like a PC sitting there. Thats why I like the look of this one.

According to komplett it is 9 1/2 kgs which seems average for a case. You would think it might be lighter on account of it's smaller form but I can live with the weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Oh, yes, aesthetics :rolleyes:, i had the same problem with my HTPC. Mom doesnt want anything that remotely looks like a computer.
    Should look good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

i used the tower version. VERY sturdy case and well built. Not very roomy though, but depends what u put in i suppose. Cooling is average in them. But build quality is very high standard. The tooless design rocks aswell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Oh, yes, aesthetics :rolleyes:, i had the same problem with my HTPC. Mom doesnt want anything that remotely looks like a computer.
    Should look good

Tell her it's an art piece.

• Advertisement

Thanks gline, not thinking about putting too much in it, so roomisn't too much of an issue. What was the noise levels like on it, quiet or loud?

it'll be as quiet or noisey as you make it.

Choose your components carefully.

Is 300W power supply enough? Is it a standard size in case I want to change it?

480W Fortran, about €70 on komplett.ie
    Buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

troy wrote:
    Is 300W power supply enough? Is it a standard size in case I want to change it?

probably not enough. Mite help if we knew exactly what u are putting in it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement