Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

perspex

Options
  • 08-09-2005 4:53pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭

anyone know where to get a sheet of it in dublin for a window mod?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I'm guessing Atlantic Homecare, Homebase, Woodies etc. would be places to start pricing it, then maybe ask in an autoparts store or model/hobby stores. Or any Mom&Pop hardware shop.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

il tried woodies ansewer was what? :(

I dunno, I have a vested interest in this myself. Need to get a few large pieces and some scrap for testing.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Ask Dub he was looking for some a while back and judging by his new mods he found some place. If it was Cork i could show ya a few places but sadly your not,did you use the Golden pages for plastics in your area?

Nukem

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i have a good length of it but its very thick, but would only be suitable for a top of case window mod.

afaik my mate who had a full 4ft x 8ft sheet got it in a hardware store
    paid about 180 quid for it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

yeh the only place ive found some so far was Homebase in limerick, but they were selling something like a 4x8ft sheet....waaaaay too big.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Seemingly marks models in town do it. Will check and report back later

Dundhoone wrote:
    yeh the only place ive found some so far was Homebase in limerick, but they were selling something like a 4x8ft sheet....waaaaay too big.

here's an idea: if there are savings to be made by buying in bulk, then I'd be on for going halfs with you.
    I reckon I'd need a 500x500mm sheet at the minimum, maybe twice that for some other projects/praccy runs.

Another source I was advised to try would be a glassworkers' or window factors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

If that was directed at me Syx, I actually ended up buying a red acyrlic motherboard tray from kustompcs.co.uk. I was able to work around the standoffs to get the bits I wanted.

Another online source that the ACryan help put me onto was www.blackdog-pcs.com they have 500x500mm 3, 5, and 8mm thick uv reactive coloured acrylic. Dunno about the clear stuff. Postage is a bit pricey. I'd be interested in going halfs on an order from them alright , wouldnt mind an extra piece of red to mess about with.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

Try window places as me ma works in a window place and they sell perspex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

B&Q sell it too, it's usually in their "builders' yard"

OOh, that sounds good...far more masculine compared with clicking a few keys and having it zipped to your door.

koneko wrote:
    B&Q sell it too, it's usually in their "builders' yard"

will try that also the glass centre! i wondering peats used to do window kits but no more anyone know where i could find one online in Euros? if not il try the perspex option

Thx

B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

atlantic and b&q do it aswell ...if its colored stuff your after i had to order some sheets from online for the UV stuff its about 15 euro max for a sheet of 500mm by 500mm ...the stuff they sell in b&q is about 30 euro for a sheet of about 4x2ft if its even that ...any how if its just one sheet of 500x500mm i might be able to sort you out ...let me know if you in dublin a mate of mine does the dublin bus shelters and he gave me a sheet of 5mm stuff about 8ft x 4ft ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Hey Ill jump at that too of ya can source it!

had a rage at my pc last night after a spray job went horribly wrong **** it bought a super lanboy dont have to worry about perspex

thanks lads

Advertisement