Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bells Horned Frog

Options
  • 08-09-2005 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭

Anyone kept one of these? I bought one, haven't collected it yet, did my homework just wondering if anyone here can add something with a bit of practical experience.
    T

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 rose of jericho

I had an albino horned frog for five years. Don't know what you need to know but my big guy ate defrosted pinkies and the occasional slug. I had to pretend the pinkies were still alive so I used to wiggle it in front of his nose. They make a great sound. I kept in him in a geo with a heat mat under just one side of it with lots of damp moss in it. Keep it moist. I would be careful about feeding it black crickets though they can be distructive little bastards and sometimes if your frog isn't that hungry they can do more damage to the frog than it can do to them if you can get him eating defrosted pinkies that would be ideal. Anything else you need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

cheers rose mucho appreciated, was thinking pinkies myself too because this frog is big enough to eat them, housing him in a geo too, same deal with the heatmat,how often did you feed him/her the pinkies?this frog is about 1.5" so I'm thinking once a week, and once again thanks.
    T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 rose of jericho

yeah once a week for feeding is about right don't worry though if it doesn't eat once a week my boy sometimes would go a few weeks without eating and he was about 4.5" but don't give up to quickly if he doesn't within the first couple of seconds of dangling a pinkie in front of him/her as they can be lazy bastards sometimes. Enjoy! if you need any other advice when you get it just post and I'll help if I can. Have kept reptiles and amphibians for a number of years now.

Advertisement