Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know anyone (reasonable) to do a bathroom job

Options
  • 08-09-2005 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

I need someone who isnt going to rip me off to do a job on a bathroom.
    They need to throw out existing tiles, bathroom suite and retile floor walls and put in the new bathroom suite and an electric shower.

Some of the quotes i've been getting are outrageous.
    Has anyone here got similar done.
    If so how much did it cost and can you reeccommend someone.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Lemo

When doing up our bathroom we did a bit of DIY and then got in a tiler and plumber separately.

I can tell you that even doing it this way, it was remarkably expensive given that it's the smallest room in the house! I think I did the sums once and it was the guts of €2.5K. We didn't replace the bath (mistake in hindsight) and we sanded and varnished the floorboards (so no floor tiles).

Hopefully that at least gives you a ballpark when you're looking at quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,115 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

holy crap
    Im in the middle of doing mine, I will deffo try and do it all myself after that quote...

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Lemo

I should have pointed out that it wasn't the cost of labour that made it so expensive, it was the price of various fittings. The taps were nearly €500! They were €700 here but I got them in England online at this place: http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I need someone who isnt going to rip me off to do a job on a bathroom.
    They need to throw out existing tiles, bathroom suite and retile floor walls and put in the new bathroom suite and an electric shower.

Some of the quotes i've been getting are outrageous.
    Has anyone here got similar done.
    If so how much did it cost and can you reeccommend someone.
    Thanks
    Planning to do the very same myself soon, what where the quotes you did get as a matter of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

Couple of months ago I got a number of quotes from companys such as virual bathroom solutions. All the quotes (which were for doing the whole room, i.e. wall tiles, floor tiles, bathroom suite, lighting, electric shower) came to €10,000+

Needless to say, we're looking at other options!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭heffo9

hi SnotNosedGit,
    i'm offering my services as a tiler and fitting your suite. you can pm me with details of size and type of tiles. i can give you a rough estimate.

Advertisement