Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blues/Jazz Piano

Options
  • 08-09-2005 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi everybody,

lately I got such a strong need to be able to play nice piano, and I think I'd prefer Blues or/and Jazz piano, but I'm quite new to playing piano in any way. It's hard for me to know where and how to start, cause right now I don't have the money to get official lessons at a music school...

I watched this documentary about Blues music with Clint Eastwood, and all these Blues artists are talking about their inspirators and motivators etc, but I don't really know alot of artists and stuff, I live in the Netherlands, and Blues and Jazz music doesn't really live here unfortunately, but I listen to it so much via online radio and stuff..
    My direction is not to be able to play everything that already exists from written notes, but more like to be able to express myself, and to improvise etc..

Does anyone have some tips how to get started? Should I start with basic piano playing without any style direction? I know this is kind of a weird post but I'd really apreciate some help.

Cewn :)

Advertisement