Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ghost story [swearing and (hopefully) scary bits..]

Options
  • 07-09-2005 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭

ok, so i wrote this story after having a really freaky dream. i know its not well written or original or anything, but i want to improve it so id love to hear your comments..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭jimmidy_cricket

Gripping!!! I really enjoyed it. You said it was unoriginal or something but t'was grand. I've no advice for ye but I'm sure you'll get plenty from other boards members. One question...anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭tonyj

Excellent stuff. Just two points;

I got a bit lost in the middle of the old woman's story. I was a bit confused over the usage of characters names (switching from first names to Mrs x was distracting)

And this piece;

"As I watched along what I guessed would be her path, I saw cushions move and finally: a light-switch being turned on."

Turned on or turned off? - I thought it was already on?

But, apart from these two small things, very nicely written, and a great story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭jimmidy_cricket

oooh ye bastad, after reading it last night it took me ages to get to sleep. My boyfriend (I'm actually a girl, even though my user name sounds male) reckons my apartment is haunted cause he keeps hearing noises, this never creeped me out...till last night! I had visions of meanacing little children coming out of the walls to abtuct me into their freaky little world..nightmare! Anyhow, I had another goo at it there and I reckon the start is very Blair witchy and maybe a little unnessary, you should just get straight into it. Still good though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

very well done!
    one of the best short stories Ive read in a while ;)

Id leave it alone, its great the way it is.

Love to see more of your work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

aye, it is a wee bit blair witchy, but i couldnt think of how else to do it..
    that blair-witchness and the old oman tellin' the tale etc are so clichéd! but alas, best i could do..

jaysus, thanks! i honestly didnt think twas good at all! ive only recently started writing short-story length stories (im 16, in 6th year, not much time etc) but this has given me encouagement to make time for it!

thanks again! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭McFiddler

You're 16? Seriously? When I read this first a couple of days ago I initially got the impression that you were a mature writer with some experience. You should consider yourself very lucky, you're obviously a gifted writer.

The only thing I noticed were a few typos etc and I didn't note them, sorry, but I'm sure you can find them yourself.

Well done

Looking foward to more

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Loved it! Seriously, it's great, leave it as it is. :) I really enjoyed it. Post more/send them to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Fenian

Jesus, that's excellent stuff. I hope you post more of your stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Shad0r

Yeah, great stuff doonothing. You have definite talent for story telling. Dont give it up whatever you do.

Two suggestions:
    1) Get/Use Word, or a another word proccessor. It will make your life much easier, also
    2) I know you dont have alot of time but I would love to have you in the writers group. Mainly because I know it would work wonders for your writing; you have the talent, now you need the experience. PM me if you're interested.

Advertisement