Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy VoIP to VoIP Question!

Options
  • 07-09-2005 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭

I have Blueface at the mintute, very happy with it and all that! And so does Mikey down the road, he can ring me for free by dialing my 4 digit extension. If Jimmy up the road signs up for Digiwebs latest VoIP offering is it free for him to ring me on my 076 number?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

I have Blueface at the mintute, very happy with it and all that! And so does Mikey down the road, he can ring me for free by dialing my 4 digit extension. If Jimmy up the road signs up for Digiwebs latest VoIP offering is it free for him to ring me on my 076 number?

Great to see that your road has embraced the new Telcos so well!! Regards to Jimmy and Mikey - Is Billy about these days too :)

I think it's fair to say that both companies are working on that :) Seriously, it makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Nah Billy passed away....

Anyway! Thanks for that, so is that the aim, or how do people see that this will work out. Will it be a special rate.

Just had the bright idea to check the Blueface page! Ireland VoIP calls are down as being free.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Cuauhtemoc

In the broadband forum Chaz has said that Digiwebs offering is not VOIP.
    So no free calls methinks.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Cuauhtemoc wrote:
    In the broadband forum Chaz has said that Digiwebs offering is not VOIP.
    So no free calls methinks.

Its abit of a shame really :(
    However you do get free Digiweb 2 Digiweb (Metro) calls according to their website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭BigMoose

If Jimmy up the road signs up for a SIP VoIP providor you dont need to use the 076 number to call him for free. Calling any SIP address from Blueface is free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

How do the free calls on Blueface work? Do you dial that number (4361725??) and the extension or just the extension?

Is it free if you dial the 076 number (of a Blueface user) what about the 01 number (of a Blueface user)?

Just the extension. eg my friend michael has it and needs to dial just 4 digits to get me. 3xxx (my extension). Its free to call 076 numbers and should be free to dial 01 numbers ported or operated by Blueface. Not entirely sure about the last bit but i'd put money on it.

Advertisement