Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Granite Counter query

Options
  • 07-09-2005 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I recently had a granite counter fitted. It's a U-shaped kitchen so I would have expected three slabs of granite with two joins. Unfortunately the suppliers measured one side of the kitchen incorrectly and are a few inches short near one of the joins (the other ends of slabs are beveled so an extra piece cannot be butted up there). The granite supplier wants to fit a small piece of granite about 4 inches long to fill the gap. This will cause a problem I think as the counter spans a washing machine and dishwasher which I'm sure will occasionally need to be removed to facilitate servicing, and with this join I think a lot of the cuonter's weight will be on the appliances rather than on the next unit up which was the original plan. My question is should I insist that the counter supplier remeasure and cut a completely new piece of granite (about 2.5 meters) for the offending side or just accept the offcut from them and the extra join? There is a substantial amount of the bill outstanding so I would have som clout here. Grateful for any opinions ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭pbergin

If it were me I would just insist on whole a new section, Im sure you are paying big bucks, they screwed up why should you suffer their mistakes?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jc1001

Thank for the reply - have sorted it out - a new section is being fitted. Was expecting struggle with supplier but no issues arose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 quattfa3

How much did the granite cost per meter? and who was your supplier

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jc1001

Will have to get back to you - just arranged a flat fee for type of granite / measure kitchen and installation - didn't go per meter. Suppliers were http://www.stonefacings.ie/contact.htm and am in Dublin - couldn't recommend them until they finish the job though.

Advertisement