Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nighty Night - Series 2

Options
  • 06-09-2005 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭

just watched the opening episode of the new series on BBC3

This was deadly.

Highlights
    - Glen's twitching (again)
    - His impromptu wedding rap
    - Sue before the facial injections. Very attractive.
    - Linda talking about Terry's front bottom
    - Boston's More Than A Feeling playing over the closing credits.

anyone notice what looked like a ghostly final credit from Arena superimposing itself on the screen before Nighty Night's end credits ran? And a snippet from Brian Eno's Another Green World (Arena theme) before the ads for next week's episode.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I only caught the second half... but it was as great as ever.

I loved the whole scene with the horse.

They did seem to have a technical screw up though... Looked like some wires got crossed with BBC 4 which is showing old Arena documentaries all this week.

I'll have to catch the inevitable repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I'll have to catch the inevitable repeat.

one tonight at 1:25am

and
    Saturday 10 September
    12:30am - 1:00am
    BBC3

Saturday 10 September
    9:40pm - 10:10pm
    BBC3

nlgbbbblth wrote:
    one tonight at 1:25am

and
    Saturday 10 September
    12:30am - 1:00am
    BBC3

Saturday 10 September
    9:40pm - 10:10pm
    BBC3
    Where would I be without you?

I think I can manage to stay up for the 1.25am showing.

The DVD of series one is out next month... I have mine pre-ordered already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Where would I be without you?

I think I can manage to stay up for the 1.25am showing.

The DVD of series one is out next month... I have mine pre-ordered already.

;) no problem

I must pre-order it next time I do an order from sendit. £14.99 at moment. Also must put down Curb Your Enthusiasm Series 4 - due in 3 weeks.

There's a lot of good series coming out on DVD at the moment.

I have Nathan Barley and Peep Show Season 2 pre-ordered at the moment and Pope Town shipped last week... Pope Town is the series that the BBC 3 pulled from their schedules without showing a single episode for fear of upsetting catholics... it should be interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Have to say, I didn't enjoy it as much as last series. Was more forced or something... It was good, but really hoping it gets better as it progresses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

Oral Slang wrote:
    Have to say, I didn't enjoy it as much as last series. Was more forced or something... It was good, but really hoping it gets better as it progresses!

I'd have to agree with you. I thought most of the characters were fine but Jill herself seemed somewhat forced, shooting Linder's boyfriend in the first episode seemed a bit of a "oh well we have to play up the fact she's a physco" instead of just letting Jill be Jill.

The horse thing was hilarious though "part his fringe!". Looking forward to next weeks with Cath and Jill eating together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Boo! Seeing as how I'm not of the digital TV persuasion, I have to wait for this excellent show to be screened on BBC2. Boo!! :mad:

Advertisement