Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spellcheck

Options
  • 06-09-2005 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if it would be possible to include a spellchecker when posting threads like on gmail? I think its JavaScript based, it’s very fast and easy to use. It would be helpful and stop arguments when people have poor spelling.

Of course this doesnt apply to me :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

I often thought that would be handy, usually what I do is copy my post into word first to run a quick check.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

www.chiptalk.net have one on their forum. Very handy feature!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I think there is an extension for Firefox that does this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Rabies wrote:
    I think there is an extension for Firefox that does this.

The google toolbar also has one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

++ spellCheckSupporter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I use the Google toolbar and I find it an excellent feature, If more people just used it maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

There's a Vbulletin upgrade that includes this I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

I heard about one for IE a while back but not sure bout firefox. It would be just as handy if there was one to add onto the browser. Anybody know if there is one?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I heard about one for IE a while back but not sure bout firefox. It would be just as handy if there was one to add onto the browser. Anybody know if there is one?

If you're gonna add an extension to firefox, you may as well add the google toolbar with the built in spell checker, but if you want a stand alone one, this may do the trick:

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=1022&application=firefox

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

eoin_s wrote:
    Yeah, but only if your using Linux!

Another nice feature would be if it could automatically permaban users that tried to use txt spk.

• Advertisement

Yeah, but only if your using Linux!
    oops, missed that
    Another nice feature would be if it could automatically permaban users that tried to use txt spk.
    LOL DATS GR8 IDEA M8
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Yeah there's IESpell and the Firefox extension. And the Google toolbar has one too...

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭speedy21

Hey,
    Was in a net cafe recently and they had a spell check built into windows - that acted like Office's spell check - underlining misspelt words as u type them etc...

It even worked in MSN...

I never got the name of it - but badly need it - especially for MSN.
    Anyone any ideas?

I have google toolbar etc.. but this only works for internet browser..

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ReptilePlanet

This one is excellent, does exactly that, could be added to the post screen html of this board or another :)

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.jacuba.com/service/checker/-/-/&quot; defer="defer"></script>

<body onload="if (window.Jacuba) Jacuba.applyTo('element: TEXTAREA')">

http://www.reptileplanet.net.tc

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement