Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland.....

Options
  • 06-09-2005 1:51pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We've got friends coming over from Canada next Thursday. I'm looking for what people consider essential "must do" things in Ireland (that you've actually done yourself).

I'm thinking:

Newgrange
    Historical tour of Dublin city
    Galway city
    Aran Islands
    Giants Causeway

Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stag39

cliffs of moher
    burren
    tour of guiness
    the drive down to glendaloch over the mountains
    powerscourt waterfall
    howth
    night on the rip ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Nice one. Good suggestions in there. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Clonmacnoise,
    The Blarney Stone (Ugh!),
    Waterford Crystal,
    Phoenix Park (sorry if thats too obvious :)).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Khannie wrote:
    I'm looking for what people consider essential "must do" things in Ireland (that you've actually done yourself).

Visit some of Irelands "wonders of the world".
    The non moving motorway (M50)
    The never ending roadworks (various)
    The Tardis trains - watch in amazement as 000s of people squeze onto tiny trains
    The signpost puzzle - try and find your way home using only the road signs...

...there are LOTS more!

LOL@bluetonic

JoeSoap: Wouldn't have thought there's much to do in the phoenix park tbh. Reckon the blarney stone's one that I'll let them decide for themselves. ;)

Thanks for the feedback lads. I think I have enough now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

is there not a zoo or something in the phoenix park, also the presidents house, although i dont think they do tours.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Marle Arch Caves absolutely brill

Hmmmm. Is it stupid to consider not going up north with an Irish reg? Just a bit concerned about the volatility of peace in the North at the moment. Don't really want to expose my Canadian friends to anything like that. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Marle Arch Caves - is a great place to go. (and is not a bad area)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭bang_bang_rosie

Khannie wrote:
    Hmmmm. Is it stupid to consider not going up north with an Irish reg? Just a bit concerned about the volatility of peace in the North at the moment. Don't really want to expose my Canadian friends to anything like that. :(

Nah you're grand, just stay away from Belfast suburbs and Lisburn.
    Everywhere else you wouldn't know it was happening.

What about the mourne mountains in Co.Down, gorgeous scenery and not too far from the border.

Defo Marble arch caves as said above, they're fantastic.

Westport area is lovely, Croagh patrick (scuse the spelling), and Clare island.

Make sue you bring them to a pub some night with Irish music, foreigners love that, and so will you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

The Literary Pub Crawl is a must. Info. & tickets from Toursit office on Suffolk Street.

Glendalough on a nice day is fab.

Plenty to do in the Phoenix Park - Visit Farmleigh or Aras an Uachtarain (they do tours!) or just go to the visitors centre.

Advertisement