Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodworking Show

Options
  • 05-09-2005 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Just wondering was anyone here going to the woodworking show in Punchestown this Thursday Friday & Saturday?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Unfortunately I had to cancel at the last minute. I was supposed to meet some of the Sema software team from Germany, to look at software aimed at the joinery business here, but I could not make it. :(:(

Was it any good after.
    kadman :)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

Actually missed it myself Was meant to go today and continue up for the final tomorrow but no tickets & a few thing went arse ways at work so had to put in a few extra hours to make up for the f*** up by one of the qs's

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

HI

This is my first post, I just signed up tonight...

I was at the show alright, it was good. There were loads of companies selling very large woodworking machines of all sorts, panels saws, planers, CNC Machines, 5 Head Planers and all that.

Also some excellent hand power tools, Festool, Mafell and also a company Cam-Co from Antrim who were demonstrating a range of tools from Wegoma, a brand I'd never heard of but I think these are the highest quality tools after 10 minutes examination. In particular thay have a brilliant edge banding hand held machine and loads of specilist routing, edge profiling and grooving machines, some of which are unique in the way they work and are highly specilised. (www.wegoma.de in Dutch or German only)(www.cam-co.co.uk)

There were about 3 or 4 software companies there, I didn't stop by at any of their stands but the demonstations looked excellent. I use AutoCAD which I think will do most of what those programs will do but I may be wrong on that. Those programs probably give you cutting lists and stuff which would be difficult but probably not impossible with AutoCAD.

Loads of other good stuff as well...

Cheers
    Joe

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Welcome Joe Ballantine,

I was meant to look at software for the window / door/ joinery company that I work for, but could not get there.

Were there any small cnc centres there aimed at the small/ single producer, or was it all for the main producers.

kadman :)

Advertisement