Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question

Options
  • 05-09-2005 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I am trying to find out how close series one is to finishing on RTE.... but am afraid to google it in case I stumble upon spoilers! So I was hoping that someone out there could tell me what number episodes are on this evening (Monday 5th September on network two - double episodes)

Secondly how many episodes are there in the first series.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

119 - Deus Ex Machina [tonight]
    120 - Do No Harm [tonight]
    121 - The Greater Good [next Monday]
    122 - Born To Run [next Monday]
    123 - Exodus - Part 1 [2 weeks time]
    124 / 125 - Exodus - Part 2 and 3 [2 weeks time]

There's 6 episodes left! It will finish in 2 weeks - presuming RTE show the entire finale (124 / 125) on the same night... they more than likely will!

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Narcissus

There are 25 episodes in the first series. I'm not sure which episodes are on tonight on network 2 because i don't wanna see spoilers either, but i think it's number 19 and 20.

So it will be finished in about 2 or 3 weeks if they continue with double episodes.

edit: basquille you beat me to it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Irishkickingcat

Thanks very much - can't believe it'll be over so soon.

Will then actually have to do something on monday evenings!

Thanks very much - can't believe it'll be over so soon.

Will then actually have to do something on monday evenings!
    I'm actually wrong - I've just discovered RTE will be showing the recap show (Lost: The Journey which is a recap on Season 1 with no new material) so it'll now be:

Lost: The Journey [Sept 12th]
    121 - The Greater Good [Sept 12th]
    122 - Born To Run [Sept 19th]
    123 - Exodus - Part 1 [Sept 19th]
    124 / 125 - Exodus - Part 2 and 3 [Sept 26th]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

It's great that RTE have managed to get through the show so fast (just 5 months!), but I sometimes think that the double episodes do not give the viewer enough time to think between episodes, especially the ones with significant revelations, like "Deus Ex Machina". (Those of us who watched it elsewhere had ample time - 36 weeks for 25 episodes!)

I'm glad "Numbers" aired as the second of two on RTE last week - that deserves a good torturous week or wondering what it all meant. However, I also think that "Deus Ex Machina"'s ending deserved a similar week of waiting. ("I've done everything you asked, so why did you do this to me...?!" loses the strong impact when the possibility of more is just an ad break away.) But then, on the plus side, it's not as if "Do No Harm" held any answers in relation to Locke and the hatch.

At least next week's ending will be that of "The Greater Good" (the compilation having served one good purpose) and "Exodus, Part I" is also stronger with a week of anticipation in between.

As for the double episodes themselves, the reason I was given for that was that it was felt that the mainstream audience dedication to the show might wain if it was perceived to be dragging on and on. If anything, the last few weeks have probably made the pace of the show seem much faster than it did than when we watched it week-to-week. (I remember posts in the old long thread that suggested the show was starting to stretch out the hatch plot around episodes 20/21/22. For those on RTE, the pace may actually seem quite quick by comparison.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

just wondering, how many eps are in the finale ?? according to http://www.epguides.com/Lost/ , there is only 2.. eps 24 & 25

Also clicking on links to Season2, will give away some spoilers...

syboit wrote:
    just wondering, how many eps are in the finale ?? according to http://www.epguides.com/Lost/ , there is only 2.. eps 24 & 25

Also clicking on links to Season2, will give away some spoilers...
    Only 2 in a finale!?... how many were you expecting? :D

Yeah.. episodes 24 and 25 (or 'Exodus (2)' and 'Exodus (3)') combine to make the finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

It is a 3 part finale, Exodus Parts 1,2 & 3. Part 1 will be shown the week before the last 2 hours,as it was in the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Technically, three 42 minute episodes make up the finale, Exodus, Parts I, II and III. (When the show is ultimately syndicated, these three will be shown as single hour-long episodes.)

The episodes were shown in the US with "Exodus, Part I" on May 18th and parts II and III on May 25th. The last two will be shown together here as well. So there are three parts to the finale story, but for most countries only the last two will be shown together.

Nowhere, as far as I know, has shown the three parts together on a single night.

:D , 2 would be enough.. but further up this thread Exodus1,2,3 are mentioned :confused: , epguides only has 2...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

doh.ie wrote:
    Nowhere, as far as I know, has shown the three parts together on a single night.

Hee hee, my house has :D

ahhh... thanks for the info...

Advertisement