Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting Tumble Dryer and Extractor Fan vents

Options
  • 05-09-2005 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭

I have just added a downstairs toilet under the stairway in my house. My plan is to run the vent from an extractor fan in the toilet through the adjoining utility and out thru a new 4inch hole in the back of the house.

There will also be a vented tumble dryer and gas burner in the utility room. The gas burner will have its own 4 inch waste vent. I don't want to have 3 4 inch wastes going thru the wall as it may weaken it so I want to join the vent from the tumble dryer to the vent from the extractor fan and run them out the wall as one. Does anyone have any experience of doing something like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,115 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I dont see much of a problem, as long as your dryer doesnt start smelling like a chip fan
    You should be able to get some junction bits in a bigish suppliers
    I have some that I used to connect one extractor to various pieces of wood turning/cutting machinery
    though will you be able to hide the junction somewhere nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

You can get a standard 100mm joiner which acts as a wind stop (spring flap) that you can put at the end of the dryer pipe so that stops smells from the extractor fan getting back when it is on and the dryer isn't.

I presume there is a wavin fitting that you could use to join them but it might look a bit messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

Can you vent a dryer through an overhead pipe? I will have a dryer on an inside wall and the only route to outside is under the floor or over through the ceiling as there is a door between dryer and outside wall.

Advertisement