Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom Trailer with FPS

Options
  • 05-09-2005 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Ok, the bit I think we have all be waiting for. A doom trailer with the FPS in it. Looks class, just liek the game. Even the chainsaw bit :D I now can not wait for this movie lol

go here and watch the theatrical trailer and enjoy!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

sutty wrote:
    Ok, the bit I think we have all be waiting for. A doom trailer with the FPS in it. Looks class, just liek the game. Even the chainsaw bit :D I now can not wait for this movie lol

FPS? Fan-boy fap-fest that look like its going to be massively over done. Hell, I got bored with it in the trailer, let alone the movie...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

sutty wrote:

Yeah this was posted in the other Doom thread as well. If all else is crap, I do think the FPS bit will be pretty cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭shuushh

wow that looks cheap

didnt know the rock was in it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

yeah it looks about as classy as resident evil,
    there is no chance left (imho) of this being a good/watchable film..
    the fps aspect makes it look really slow and crappy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

"Get in the game"
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Damn. Looks like RE in a tunnel complex. I'll still go to watch it, tho. These films usually make me giggle :cool: Hope there's lots of gore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Jesus, I hope they get the Halo movie right...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭shuushh

GET IN THE GAME

this is going to go down as one of the worst films of this decade

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

shuushh wrote:
    GET IN THE GAME

this is going to go down as one of the worst films of this decade

Why? Have you seen the movie? Come on now really. Don't be making comments like that when the movie hasn't even been released yet. Give it a chance, you never know it may surprise...... maybe. Besides, Alexander is going to go down as the worst movie of the decade. Actually no, Resident Evil 2 will be the worst movie of the decade.

From the trailer it looks like it could be good. The FPS scenes look sweet but I hope it's not overdone. Provided they don't wuss out on the gore and don't try and include a plot line beyond all hell breaking loose, I'll be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Bacchus wrote:
    Actually no, Resident Evil 2 will be the worst movie of the decade.
    Now, now. Resident Evil 2 had some good stuff in it. The worst was Alien Vs. Preditor.

Doom looks terrible! Oh god the first person view does not look good at all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Lukiebaggs

his film looks absolutly terrible.

Im a huge fan of the games and even I can see that this film is gonna be a piece of shiete.

Are you people Blind???

They have:

1. Deviated from the Story - made it that unlocking the human Genome unlocks hell instead of teleportation technology dug up on mars - which takes you to another dimention.

2. Made it a Team movie - its not a lone marine fighting to survive - its forulaic blockbuster **** - the same stuff we saw in Resident Evil. The Team gradually gets killed - proabibly just leaving the Rock Alive.

3. Thev'e set it far closer to the current time - then the game- the game was 2200 or there abouts - theres no way there will be a huge Human research facility to the extent its shown in the movie in the next 70 years. I come to this conclusion when looking at the style of the film - see my next point.

4. All the weapons and armor look very contemporary - take modern weapons and set it 50 yaers from now and you have whats in the Doom movie. IT looks like the Rock has the BFG - which is tight but it shoots Blue stuff - and doesnt look a thing like what we know and love in the games.

Granted the FPS shot looks cool and origional - but as a film maker myself it seems obvious to do this when adapting this game to the big screen - i just wish they had stuck closer to Doom3 - as its the most moody and freakishly scarey FPS Ive played for years.

Too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Now, now. Resident Evil 2 had some good stuff in it. The worst was Alien Vs. Preditor.

Doom looks terrible! Oh god the first person view does not look good at all!

What! AVP was brilliant (they at least tried to keep in line with the comics for some bits of it...!) but it was a really enjoyable movie.

and the FPS bits in Doom may work kinda well at bringing a lot of suspense and tension (maybe) it depends how they swith the views

• Registered Users Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭BKtje

As i said int he other thread, im disappointed that they deviated from the real storyline as thats really the only plot the game had :p

That said, the trailer looks pretty much as i expected (which is to say, watchable but so much more could have been done).

The blue gun in it, isn't that the Plasma rifle thingy he's using? I hope it is cos i was hoping for some sweet effects for the BFG and that wasn't at all in line what i was thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

it comes out here oct 21st, saw the trailer on telly today. is the release date same in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

I think it looks ****ing savage. I just saw the trailer here in Newfoundland, October 21st as well. Hopefully it's the same at home since i'm going home in a few days.

The game didn't have a plot worth ****. The film has the basics, it has the creatures, it has the look, it has the guns, it's going to be violent and it has the ****ing Rock. This will be a no brainer action movie that has balls, and we don't see enough of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Just watched the trailer,looks a bit poor to be honest. It reminds me of some other movie.

Also,that FPS camera appeared in House of the Dead and that was a god awful movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Just watched the trailer,looks a bit poor to be honest. It reminds me of some other movie.

Also,that FPS camera appeared in House of the Dead and that was a god awful movie.
    But House of the Dead had game footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Vile

House of the Dead was a great movie.....so bad....yet so good....

Still....I hated Doom 3....and I predict that I'll hate the movie. Would be great if the movie was excellent...but I wouldn't bet on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Doom is half-decent, apparently :eek:

Advertisement