Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Configuration Question

Options
  • 05-09-2005 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

Hi all, will soon be moving to Smart Broadband 2M/256k ADSL.
    Is the following possible before i try it lol.

Aolynk Router/Modem (bridge mode)-->Grandstream 486->DECT/Netgear WGR614(to PC and 2 Wi-Fi clients)

Grandstream is 192.168 range, Router would be set to 10.0. range, set to receive WAN IP dynamically i hope hehe.

Also, is there an option to enter a dial plan etc for the grandstream 486 ATA so that any 4xxxxxx numbers are dialled as local 021-4xxxxxx numbers and the like. Not too sure about how those dial-plans are constructed hehe.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

JNive wrote:
    Hi all, will soon be moving to Smart Broadband 2M/256k ADSL.
    Is the following possible before i try it lol.

Aolynk Router/Modem (bridge mode)-->Grandstream 486->DECT/Netgear WGR614(to PC and 2 Wi-Fi clients)

Grandstream is 192.168 range, Router would be set to 10.0. range, set to receive WAN IP dynamically i hope hehe.

It certainly should work and you could also try the Grandstream behind the Netgear.

JNive wrote:
    Also, is there an option to enter a dial plan etc for the grandstream 486 ATA so that any 4xxxxxx numbers are dialled as local 021-4xxxxxx numbers and the like. Not too sure about how those dial-plans are constructed hehe.

There is dial plan prefix option but the prefix is added to all numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

the main reason i would have my router behind the granstream would be for QoS priority of the VoIP, as the netgear doesnt have such a facility.

Advertisement