Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gas boiler not firing!

Options
  • 05-09-2005 9:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

hey guys got a problem with the gas boiler...

its a glowworm ultimate.. gas supply is on.. when it goes to fire up...i hear the relay in the control circuit ticking away.. just no flame..also the boiler has an auto pilot light...

any help would be greatly appreaciated..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Had a similar problem... a month ago.. The gas would come on and then I would hear the ignition and then the system would display and 01 error.

AS it was a new house the builder called in the boiler men... They just changed the Ignition PCB (Printed Circuit board)

I know its a hastle but the boiler is one of the items I would not mess with.

I would get the boiler men in for a servcie and repair...

Garyh3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stag39

yes i think you are right garyh3, just thought it might be something simple..if it was known to be the p.c.b. i could change it myself..

thanks,

Niall.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

So when you start it up, does it tick over?
    Pilot light goes on?
    Does it continues to spark after the pilot light goes on?

90% of the time, it's the pcb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stag39

Sleipnir wrote:
    So when you start it up, does it tick over?
    Pilot light goes on?
    Does it continues to spark after the pilot light goes on?

90% of the time, it's the pcb.

Hi sleipnir! it ticks over can't see any pilot light so presume there is no spark reaching it...must be the p.c.b. ..thanks for the quick reponse's!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

Its probably not the problem you have but I just thought I would mention it. Tried to start my gas boiler last week and no response , no ticking nothing. Could see the timer clicking on but no response. Boiler just sat there dead. Eventually after taking off covers etc , I remembered the thermostat upstairs, checked it and saw it was set to 10 degrees. I put it up to 24 and the boiler started.. Nearly had an expensive call out to a plumber...

• Advertisement
Advertisement