Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travis UFO Video?

Options
  • 04-09-2005 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Can anyone please tell me the name of that Travis video where they go searching for UFO's its kind of a tribute to ET. I know I've seen it but my mate recons it never exists.

I'm almost certain its a Travis video but correct me if I'm wrong.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Side .. excellent song and video!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Side - It's on the album "The Invisible Band".
    One of my fav Travis tunes :)

"the grass is always greener on the the other side" is a line from it so its prob is side!their last album was crap!no stand out tracks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

their last album was crap!no stand out tracks!
    yeah, I gotta agree somewhat.
    Re-offender was the big one, but it didnt do much.
    The album was written in the build up of the Iraq war, and I think it affected Fran too much with "Peace the f**k out" and "Beautiful Occupation".
    One or two songs showing the Travis of old, but not a patch on their first two.
    As if this was the "Be Here Now" from Travis. Lets hope they put out a "Heathen Chemistry" or "Dont Believe the Hype" soon.
    Speaking of which, are they due any new material soon?
    Anyone know if they'll play Ireland again?
    I had tickets for them in Marley park a couple of years ago, but the gig was cancelled when Neil (drummer) broke his back.
    The twit dived into a swimming pool with only a few feet of water... good job he survived!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,841 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I don't know - "Walking Down The Hill" on that last album was an absolutely fantastic track!

Suits the sombre final tracks of previous albums - like 'Slide Show' on The Man Who and 'The Humpty Dumpty Love Song' on The Invisible Band.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Pitseleh

their last album was crap!no stand out tracks!

Ah, 'tis an ickle harsh no? Admittedly it's been a while since I've listened to it but tracks such as 'Paperclips' and 'Happy To Hang Around' are as good as any of their tracks. Overall 'tis darker than their previous efforts and as a result maybe not to everyone's liking. It's as strong as 'The Man Who' for me

Advertisement