Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blueface.ie

Options
  • 04-09-2005 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Trying out the demo when I ring a land line all the person can here is them selves talking like an echo they cant hear anything from this end any suggestions? Im using X-lite softphone & BTbroadband Plus. Would it be because im using it on my laptop over a wireless network?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

are you using a headset? if you are using the bult in speakers and microphone it just wont work, feedback will make it useless, buying even a cheap headset (argos) should give you good results, another thing that might be causing you a problem is your firewall are you hearing the other end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Airwaves

I can hear the other end they can only hear themselves, Im using a headset on my end 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Is your laptop/headset audio setup correctly?
    - try recording yourself talking using SoundRecorder through your headset microphone.
    - then play it back through the headset.
    - can you hear anything?

Is X-Lite configured to use the headset?
    - click on the menu icon
    - click on System Settings
    - check the Speaker Audio Device is set for your headset
    - check the Microphone Audio Device is set for your headset

You can do an echo test by dialing 301.

Also check your X-Lite sound levels while on the call
    - there is a red bar on the left for your microphone volume level
    - there is a green bar on the right for you earpiece volume level
    - make sure both sliders are set at suitable levels

hth,
    causal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Airwaves