Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vouleentiring in Africa

Options
  • 04-09-2005 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know how I can go about offering my services in Africa. I'm aiming around next April so want to get an idea of how much I will need so I can get the head down and start saving.
    Thanx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Markham

Try www.lohada.org

It's a charity that cares for street kids in Arusha, Tanzania, a stone's throw from Kilimanjaro, Serengeti, etc.

Great cause, a good few established Irish links and a really welcoming, interesting environment to be in.
    I helped set up the current volunteer program, it's very reasonably priced, and there's also an Irish guy working over there for the next 9 months or so.

Great cause, a good few established Irish links and a really welcoming, interesting environment to be in.

There's a volunteers msn group that you can join, it's a big help if you're thinking of signing up, people will let you know what to expect.

Can meet you in Dublin too, if you're around, and let you know the score. I'm still involved, and hope to go back this Christmas to visit.

Markham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭jimmidy_cricket

Aw brilliant thanks a million. I'll leave it for a bit to meet up with you cause I don't want to waste your time...I'm currently in a job thats driving me to distraction and am planning to leave, my only problem is that I'm in the process of paying off a massive loan that will be paid off in 14 months if I stay in my current job but it'll be a helluva alot longer if I go get a different job, so when I've got my head together and know where I stand with my finances I'll get in touch again. Thanks again, it'll be great to have something to look forward too!

Advertisement