Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pogs

Options
  • 04-09-2005 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

Anyone remember POGS? That was a weird fad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

ah pogs,i remember them,they were around the same time as gogos i think

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

alfpog.gif

"Remember Alf... he's back!... in pog form!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I still have thousands of them - I was really good I never bought any :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

They were £1 for 6 little circles of cardboard. We were idiots back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

still have some pogs along with the two metal kini's.

ahh but they were great, i still take them out and look at them sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

POGS were GREAT. I still have loads of them, used to play loads as a kid in the school yard, very addictave, but there used to be war over them with ppl not accepting their losses, hehehehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭butters scotch

i loved pogs i had loads and those slammers (i think thats what they were called). i used to hate playing all my good ones but no one wanted those stupid ones you wanted to get rid of!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

Yeah, those crap blue and red ones. I had the two coollest metal slammers ever. In fact I still have them along with about 300 other Pogs. Waiting for the day Pogs make a comeback or I can sell them for millions on ebay!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Outcast wrote:
    Yeah, those crap blue and red ones. I had the two coollest metal slammers ever. In fact I still have them along with about 300 other Pogs. Waiting for the day Pogs make a comeback or I can sell them for millions on ebay!

yeh, did u remeber those "slug" pogs, really funny pics they where and "world tours", heheh had them all and still do somewhere, i used to play them loads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Outcast

But in fairness collecting them was almost as much fun as playing. Remember the time they were on the Late Late Toy Show? I think it was Pat Kenny and he was basically saying "why the hell would a kid want these for Christmas?

• Advertisement
Advertisement