Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

this is horrible

Options
  • 03-09-2005 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭

cod was fished to near extinction in some parts of canada so now seals are being killed because they are "stopping the species recovering" go to http://www.greenpeace.org/international/news/harp-seal-hunt

its not the direct link to that story but thats also about seals being killed, isnt it terible!?!?!?!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

That's humans for you. Gotta love 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭crazy_dude6662

luckat wrote:
    That's humans for you. Gotta love 'em.

humans or seals??

if humans i cant beleive people could do that. i would probably commit suicide if i did that. im depressed cos i read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

humans or seals??

if humans i cant beleive people could do that. i would probably commit suicide if i did that. im depressed cos i read it.
    Is sarcasm a new thing to you ?

computers suck at sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

no people suck at understanding net sarcasim

and i gotta laugh at the dude who is now "depressed" cuz of the seals being killed

but hey i agree its bad but greenpeace and the governement or whoever is in charge of the stuff will get it stopped eventually .. it happens every where

or nature will give those fisherman a big slap in the face

either way life will be restored

• Advertisement

and i gotta laugh at the dude who is now "depressed" cuz of the seals being killed

oh thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Its typical, man wipes out cod and blame the seals. Man has taken a pot shot at every life form, past, present and will in the future. I'm sorry to be one of them. All we can do is highlight situations like this and hope people will have some compassion.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭annR

Anglers and fishermen here also blame seals, remember all the dead seals on the Blaskets.

I've heard killing seals referred to by Irish fishermen as 'culling'. Amazing the way people can use language to justify something.

Advertisement