Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic children TV programmes: Should they be repeated?

Options
  • 03-09-2005 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭

I was recently watching Nickelodeon and they broadcast an episode of 'Are You afraid of the dark?" and it certainly bought back memories of past programmes I used to watch.

If anyone else remembers the old beginning years of Nick, you probably remember "Pete & Pete" , " Alex Mack" , "Are you afraid of the dark?" and the channel actually being good for showing non-repeats as much as three times a week.

Anyway, I was just thinking of a channel like Boomerang(Classic Animation programmes) and I was thinking 'Why don't they make either a time-slot(i.e. A few hours programming of the exsisting channel) or an entire new channel dedicated to classic children's programming?

What are your thoughts on this? Would you like to see these programmes again? Or would you think that the kids of today would like these programmes as well?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Alex Mack...a classic? I think not :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭Ray777

I think Irish kids are exposed to far too much American crap. There are several good Irish kids shows which would be well worth a repeat;

Fortycoats
    Pat's Chat
    Pat's Pals
    Wanderly Wagon
    Bosco

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

I want to see all 3 seasons of the original Transformers series on TV (well the first two seasons anyway, the third was a bit meh apparently).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

wasn't great. i remember watching it and missing season 1 & 2 :)

You can get them all on play.com - ah, memories!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

alex mack wears a hat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

There's been plenty of dvd's released in the last year to fulfill all your nostalgia needs; All the original Transformers, He-Man, Visionaries (Man I nearly cried watching that one!) and most recently, Thundercats (Although I think that has only been released recently, region 1).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

I'd love to see them repeated for my benefit. Nuts to the kids! ;)
    Would really like to see He-Man, Ghostbusters and Teenage Mutant Turtles being repeated for a nice trip down memory lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭GadgetFiend

fox kids on sky digital used to show ulysees, mask and jayce and the wheeeled warriors back to back every evening, around 9-10.30pm

not sure if they still do, but i think they're called something else now, not fox kids. have a look at the sky listings if you have digital..

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Bring back Eerie Indiana, coz he was hot! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Ray777 wrote:
    I think Irish kids are exposed to far too much American crap. There are several good Irish kids shows which would be well worth a repeat;

Fortycoats
    Pat's Chat
    Pat's Pals
    Wanderly Wagon
    Bosco

Methinks you'd better start smellin' what you're shovelin' mate !!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement