Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: Official Press Release for 2X01 (** SPOILERS **)

Options
  • 03-09-2005 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭

Actually.. it is quite spoiler heavy so gonna mark it in spoilers. Gives spoilers for what looks like not just the storyline of the season premiere but also brief spoilers into storylines which may develop further into the season.
    A CASTAWAY IS CHOSEN TO DESCEND INTO THE MYSTERIOUS HATCH, AND SHANNON STUMBLES UPON A SHOCKINGLY FAMILIAR FACE IN THE JUNGLE, ON THE SEASON PREMIERE OF "LOST"

The multiple Emmy Award-nominated "Lost" returns for a second season of action-packed mystery and adventure -- that will continue to bring out the very best and the very worst in the people who are lost, WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 21 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

After Oceanic Air flight 815 tore apart in mid-air and crashed on a Pacific island, its survivors were forced to find inner strength they never knew they had in order to survive. But they discovered that the island holds many secrets, including the intense howls of a mysterious creature stalking the jungle, as well as a polar bear, a marooned and possibly crazy French woman, a mystical boar, a mysterious group known only as "The Others," a ship called The Black Rock and... a hatch.

This season, Jack's mistrust of Locke will grow as he continues to question his motives and obsession in uncovering the secrets of the mysterious hatch. The fates of Sawyer, Michael and Jin will be revealed after their raft was blown out of the water by "The Others" - who at the end of last season kidnapped Michael's son, Walt. Sun will become less dependent on husband Jin and more autonomous, as she wonders whether he is still alive. Kate's back-story life as a fugitive will continue to be explored. Charlie will become even closer with Claire and her baby, Aaron, but the stash of drugs he found in a statue could seduce him back to a dark life of addiction. The cursed numbers that turned Hurley's life upside-down before the crash will continue to haunt him as he begins to uncover their meaning. Shannon will decide where Sayid fits in her life while she continues to grieve over the death of her brother, Boone, and develops a growing sense of unease about the raft passengers and their fate. In addition, we discover that there is at least one more previously unknown survivor of the crash of flight #815 - Ana Lucia (Michelle Rodriguez, "Girlfight," "The Fast and the Furious") -- the mysterious woman Jack met at the Sydney airport bar. And Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje ("Oz") joins the cast as a resident of the island whose story is one of the mysteries that will be explored as the season progresses.

In the season premiere episode, "Man of Science, Man of Faith," one of the castaways is chosen to descend into the mysterious hatch, and Shannon stumbles upon a shockingly familiar face in the jungle.

The band of friends, family, enemies and strangers must continue to work together against the cruel weather and harsh terrain if they want to stay alive. But, as they have discovered during their 40-plus days on the island, danger and mystery loom behind every corner, and those they thought could be trusted may turn against them. Even heroes have secrets.

"Lost" stars Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as the mysterious island man, Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Emilie de Ravin as Claire, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Maggie Grace as Shannon, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Malcolm David Kelley as Walt, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Dominic Monaghan as Charlie, Terry O'Quinn as Locke, Harold Perrineau as Michael and Michelle Rodriguez as Ana Lucia.

Guest starring are John Terry as Shephard, Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond, Julie Bowen as Sarah, Anson Mount as Kevin, Ivana Michele Smith as N.D. survivor, Katie Doyle as EMT, Julius Ledda as EMT no. 2, Masayo Ford as nurse, David Ely as intern and Larry Wiss as anesthesiologist.

"Man of Science, Man of Faith" was written by Damon Lindelof and directed by Jack Bender.

J.J. Abrams and Damon Lindelof co-created "Lost" and also serve as executive producers, along with Carlton Cuse, Bryan Burk and Jack Bender. "Lost," which is filmed entirely on location in Hawaii, is from Touchstone Television.

"Lost" is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1-channel surround sound.

This program carries a TV-14 parental guideline.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

I took one one at the first line and decided I shouldn't read it.. sounds a good article though.. nice job basq..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Yeah, there's no chance I'm reading that!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭maxpower

dammm i read it!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,812 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It's not THAT bad - just gives a general consensus of how characters will develop early into the season but no real specifics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

well it is bad if ye havent seen the whole of season 1

HUGE
    AND SHANNON STUMBLES UPON A SHOCKINGLY FAMILIAR FACE IN THE JUNGLE.......Walt!!!

• Advertisement

herobear wrote:
    well it is bad if ye havent seen the whole of season 1

HUGE
    AND SHANNON STUMBLES UPON A SHOCKINGLY FAMILIAR FACE IN THE JUNGLE.......Walt!!!
    Not a chance, i'm afraid!..
    It's been stated elsewhere that Walt will not appear until much later into the season!

Can't think who Shannon could possibly stumble across though - €10 says it's Danielle!

Actual value of €10 = 0.01c. Non-refundable and cannot be cashed until 2099!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

whats shocking exactly about seeing rousseau?, my first thought was Boone, but that would seriously piss a hell lotta people off

anyway from spoilerfix(source: Entertainment Weekly)
    08/31 - What happened to young Walt (Malcolm David Kelley), kidnapped by The Others? Shannon (Maggie Grace) will spot him in the woods, but she'll have a hard time convincing her friends that she's not hallucinating.........

Come on,
    She has to bump into Boone, as a hallucination (obviously). Sure didn't Locke see his mother in the jungle? And didn't jack see his father?

herobear wrote:
    anyway from spoilerfix(source: Entertainment Weekly)
    08/31 - What happened to young Walt (Malcolm David Kelley), kidnapped by The Others? Shannon (Maggie Grace) will spot him in the woods, but she'll have a hard time convincing her friends that she's not hallucinating.........
    Apologies...
    guess you're right but think it's a bit strange that he appears with all these rumours of him being absent for most of the season. Will probably disappear again soon after.

By the way... that's a pretty massive spoiler from SpoilerFix there so people not interested in how the season premiere will play out best not look at it

PS - guess i owe you that €10 but best read the small print beneath it! :D
    qz wrote:
    Come on,
    She has to bump into Boone, as a hallucination (obviously). Sure didn't Locke see his mother in the jungle? And didn't jack see his father
    That's what i thought at first.. and had that down in my original post but i don't think the whole Boone think will happen.

And i think that spoiler from SpoilerFix is pretty conclusive!

basquille wrote:

And i think that spoiler from SpoilerFix is pretty conclusive!

Yeah I thought so too, but that's a pretty massive thing to give away this early on. How would they even know for sure?

• Advertisement

qz wrote:
    Yeah I thought so too, but that's a pretty massive thing to give away this early on. How would they even know for sure?
    I know... i tend to avoid SpoilerFix for that very reason!

But they do seem to know their stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Read the OP spoiler, but didn't say much that i didn't expect already. All i can say is, wow. This is by far one of the better TV series' to come out in recent times. Can't wait to see series 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

My money is on
    Shannon not getting a proper look at Walt - maybe only seeing the back of his head as he's accompanyed by the others. Possibly Vincent will bark and try and chase him.
    We know that she has a hard time convincing the others she saw him so it's not like they stopped and had a conversation - it'll be a quick glance through the trees.Therefore they'll probably have used a body double.
    From what I've been hearing it's looking like Malcolm David Kelly may not be appearing on the show again. But you never know...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Nice to see
    Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje aka adibisi from oz, joining the cast, always thought he was great in that show

jonnybadd wrote:
    Nice to see
    Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje aka adibisi from oz, joining the cast, always thought he was great in that show

I just read that post as:
    asdzdasklakfhaodfzazxfsdasdzasdoajfl;asjfadza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

I don't wanna read them but I'm so tempted.

Advertisement