Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Advise.

Options
  • 03-09-2005 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

i have never bought a Jazz Or Blues album. i hear it on the radio, and on telly, and want to buy a good cd, value for money. any suggestions on what to buy?
    im looking for a genereal complimation cd with meaby some of the greatest.. or tteh like. but i don't kow where to start!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭jwb1

Jazz is a huge genre...you can like one type and dislike another quite easily. Try these to get started (they represent the spectrum of jazz in the mid-20th century):

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue (accessible, mesmerising)
    John Coltrane - A Love Supreme (difficult but - eventually - rewarding)

Or this to see how jazz has evolved:

Esbjorn Svennson Trio - A Strange Place for Snow (hypnotic, hugely popular)

Tune into RTE Lyric FM for Jazz Alley and The Third Wave (www.lyricfm.ie) - both great programmes for jazz.

Happy listening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭goodgod3rd

cheers , will do.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

goodgod3rd wrote:
    cheers , will do.

BBC radio 3 has a programme on Saturday evenings at 5pm call Jazz Record Requests which plays a very wide variety of Jazz records there is quite a lot of jazz to be heard on the Radio 3 website if you have bb -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/jazz/index.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭goodgod3rd

agian, thank you !

Advertisement