Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Detox

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

im in no rush as long as its good then whenever its ready its ready, pitty more artists dont do the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Yeah whenever its ready... in all the shoutouts for the albums in em's and gunit's songs says detox 2006 so im guessin it will be released sometime next year...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Detox has been promised for years..... only reason it's taking so long is they're trying to find people to write Dre's lyrics for him since they know 50 & Em can't really write **** & Snoop won't pen nothing for him anymore.....

Detox will sound like everything that comes out of Aftermath - 'average' & 'boring' & completely lacking ANY real creativity....... does anyone even realy CARE about Dr Dre anymore, aside from Eminem/50/Game lovers????????

::: ven0mous :::

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

How do you know Detox will sound like everything that comes out of Aftermath?

I would call Dre's last album 'average' & 'boring' & completely lacking ANY real creativity? A lot of gunit stuff and some new eminem stuff is awful but if Detox has more tracks like "next episode" etc then bring it on?

I would tend to reserve judgment until you actually hear it? Or do you plan to review more albums that havent come out yet? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

i hate people like that... but all the newage rap is like em and 50, his new album will be like that i would think... he aint gonna go oldschool all of a suden

• Advertisement

bigpoppa wrote:
    How do you know Detox will sound like everything that comes out of Aftermath?

I would call Dre's last album 'average' & 'boring' & completely lacking ANY real creativity? A lot of gunit stuff and some new eminem stuff is awful but if Detox has more tracks like "next episode" etc then bring it on?

I would tend to reserve judgment until you actually hear it? Or do you plan to review more albums that havent come out yet? :)

Considering one of Dre's tracks that WAS due to be on Detox got cut & given to Game for his 'Ghost Unit' mixtape the production is going to be the same as 2001. Dr Dre made HUGE jumps in what he wanted from 'The Chronic' to 'Dr Dre Presents The Aftermath' to '2001'. The track given to Game that WAS originally part of the Detox project sounds like '2001' re-hashed....

Dre found a formula that works & he re-used it over & over for Eminem, G-Unit, 50 Cent, Knoccturnal & others. The ONLY album he's contributed to in years that sounded 'fresh' was Truth Hurts & that bombed!!!

All you gotta do is listen to the albums done by King T, Hittman & others that never made it oto the shelves & you'll realise Dre's sticking to his formula that sells records - people who are very pernickity in production very rarely stray away from their style; i.e. Timbaland, Jazzy Pha, Kanye, Trackstars.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

venom, you do know some artists put songs that theyre considering puttin on their albums, onto mixtapes and see how people like them. Its called marketing. some artists do it, some keep it all until the album is fully released

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

I like the cover for ghost unit its fairly funny. Lads either of you could be right but the fact is till is comes out we wont know, i imagine it will sound fairly close to 2001 seeing as pretty much everything dre put out since then has but you never know.

Venom any idea what happened about that addictive track wasnt some indian artist sueing dre cause he heavily sampled it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

ya i heard about that too but havent heard anything in a while. that had a wicked beat to it

venom, you do know some artists put songs that theyre considering puttin on their albums, onto mixtapes and see how people like them. Its called marketing. some artists do it, some keep it all until the album is fully released

I know all about marketing & mixtapes considering I've done work for record labels around the globe for years....... The track in question wasn't 'released' as a feeler, it was released as it wasn't even considered for the final 'cut' for the 'D.E.T.O.X.' project. Dr Dre's music all sounds very similar & considering this was part of 'D.E.T.O.X.' - the sound is very similar to 2001..... Mike Eilizondo's sound hasn't changed in years, you think it's gonna change drastically for one project? Dr Dre sounds like Dr Dre, Mike Eilzondo sounds like Mike Elizondo..... there are no real suprises in store from Detox - like amost aftermath projects, it'll appeal to the masses, sell lots of units, go Gold at least & Jimmy Iovine will have his 18% cut from every record sold.....
    Kristok wrote:
    Venom any idea what happened about that addictive track wasnt some indian artist sueing dre cause he heavily sampled it.

The 'Addictive' track by Truth Hurts that featured Rakim was produced by DJ Quik & Dr Dre & sampled a piece of bollywood music that DJ Quik heard from the TV & then duplicated the melody for the song.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Klimseven

but all the newage rap is like em and 50
    no, you're 100% wrong, thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

i hate people like that... but all the newage rap is like em and 50, his new album will be like that i would think... he aint gonna go oldschool all of a suden

Newage rap???Wtf... :confused:

There's nothing 'new' about either of 50 or Eminem's last albums.Both are intended to make money,making music is secondary,which is the way 'Hip-Hop' has been moving for years.And both albums were generally rubbish,particurly the horrid trash Eminem released.(parts of the massacre were alright i guess).

For the actual proper rap of this year your going to have to look beyond 50 and Eminem to Beanie Sigel's,OPIO's,The Perceptionist's,AZ,DJ Quik,Little Brother etc new albums.It hasn't been a good year so far frankly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I disagree.
    New Blackalicious, Greenhouse Effect, DJ Format, Perceptionists, Cage, Dangerdoom, Little Brother, Lyrics Born, Common, Sage Francis, Murs & Slug, Roots Manuva, Quasimoto, C-Rayz Walz, Zion I, Saul Williams, Aesop Rock....

Plenty of quality releases this year.

Lol well I'm not looking hard enough I guess.I listened to Common's album once and then forgot about it and Aesop Rock's voice is horrible to me.Completely forgot about Roots Manuva and Francis.

Thanks for the list btw.

I highly recommend the Cage, Dangerdoom and Murs & Slug albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

New Blackalicious, Greenhouse Effect, DJ Format, Perceptionists, Cage, Dangerdoom, Little Brother, Lyrics Born, Common, Sage Francis, Murs & Slug, Roots Manuva, Quasimoto, C-Rayz Walz, Zion I, Saul Williams, Aesop Rock....
    I was disapointed with a lot of those. Perceptionists, LB, Sage Francis, Murs, Roots, Quasi, Aesop....wasn't feeling any of it. Roots Manuva's was probably the most disapointing, but the Return of Lord Quas wasn't great either. I'm pissed off with Def Jux too, they haven't released anything good in ages imho. The best album I've gotten recently was Constructus Corporation, and that was released in 2002.

btw, anyone heard "Madlib Meets Himself" ? I saw it in Tower the other day and was thinking of getting it.

Black Dialogue is my album of the year.
    The best album I got this year was Soul Position - 8 Million Stories but that's from 2003.

Black dialogue is nice but my fave album this year has been OPIO's Triangulation Station.I'll check out the above suggestion's but the majority of stuff I've been listening to this year are from the 90's.Nothing up to the quality of the Infamous or Aquamini so far.

It hasn't been a good year so far frankly.
    Dangerdoom.

.....check

......mate

Makaveli wrote:
    I highly recommend the Cage, Dangerdoom and Murs & Slug albums.

Am I missing something here?AMG and Amazon has the Mouse and the Mask down for release on the 11th of October.

BTW what are Still Reporting(Khadafi) and Rassasination like?

• Advertisement

it's available on a secret underground network of music sharing ninjas called the inter...oh s hit, I've said too much...

lol...

My computer sucks though,so that options out.

Orizio wrote:
    Am I missing something here?AMG and Amazon has the Mouse and the Mask down for release on the 11th of October.

BTW what are Still Reporting(Khadafi) and Rassasination like?

Indeed, we eh found it lying around and decided to listen to it.

Still Reporting is pretty good, havent listened to it in a while so don't really remember it too well. The Ras Kass album is good too but I've only listened to it the once.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

ven0m wrote:
    I know all about marketing & mixtapes considering I've done work for record labels around the globe for years....... The track in question wasn't 'released' as a feeler, it was released as it wasn't even considered for the final 'cut' for the 'D.E.T.O.X.' project. Dr Dre's music all sounds very similar & considering this was part of 'D.E.T.O.X.' - the sound is very similar to 2001..... Mike Eilizondo's sound hasn't changed in years, you think it's gonna change drastically for one project? Dr Dre sounds like Dr Dre, Mike Eilzondo sounds like Mike Elizondo..... there are no real suprises in store from Detox - like amost aftermath projects, it'll appeal to the masses, sell lots of units, go Gold at least & Jimmy Iovine will have his 18% cut from every record sold.....

that's one way of looking at it. another would be that Dre realised that it wasn't good enough and sounded too much like something he had done before so passed it off to game for a mixtape cos he knew there isn't as much expectation from songs on game's mixtapes as there is for the next Dre record.
    you should probably keep your judging of waht the album sounds like until you've actually heard at least one of the songs that is ACTUALLY GOING ON THE ALBUM. judging what DETOX is going to sound like based on a song that Dre thinks isn't good enough and decided not to put on the album is ridiculous.

Advertisement