Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try This Its free?????

Options
  • 02-09-2005 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

http://www.voipcheap.co.uk/en/download.html

You can dial landlines for free. Its in UK so if your dialing ireland dial 353 drop the 0 of area code. I have tried this and it works but the person on the other side is getting a lot of static noise. I can hear them fine but i think that problem is my laptop. Can someone give it a try its nearly to good to be true???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Mossy

Some thoughts...

You can either use the trial or register by paying for £5 call credit.

The trial doesn't seem to be time limited (e.g. after a month you don't have stop using the trial or register), but the free calls on the trial are limited to one minute per call.

Handy if you're making a lot of short calls, but not good for general use. On the other hand if you register you can make unlimited free calls to landlines in a handful of countries including Ireland and UK.

That might be useful for ppl who aren't subscribed to a VoIP provider already, but on Blueface for example, for €7.30 (£5) you can get over 11 hours worth of off peak calls to Ireland and the UK.

Looking at a handful of their call rates, they seem to be very cheap compared to Blueface. If you're satisfied with the call quality for the price you pay it might be worth a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Anybody still using this?

They look like the same company as www.voipbuster.com . I've had alot of trouble with voipbuster.com as i set up an account with credit then passed it on to somebody else in another part of the world where they swore there was no sign- up button, but other people on boards said it was working for them elsewhere, i think.

Just going to test call quality now.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

I used this to call Australia from Czech Rep and call quality was ok. Also, tried Dublin and no probs either end from here.
    I noticed their registration fee jumped alright from 1 euro to 5. mmmm. Wonder whats their next "ploy"...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I've given in and registered for the £5 (Eur7.50)
    the way i reckon is I'm getting free calls to a number of countries, I can make these calls when my wife is on our landline, and the biggest thing is that I can recoup the registration fee by using the service to ring Irish Mobile numbers - at 14p a minute or 20cent its about the same and I get to use up the reg fee.

No lose situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

nearly one month later and haven't spent a cent ringing landlines at any time of the day for a whole month. Fantastic!

• Advertisement
Advertisement