Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a little help here guys

Options
  • 02-09-2005 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Hiya guys,
    I just bought Battlefield Vietnam but unfortunately it appears that my Graphics Card is a piece of crap. It loads up fine, but as soon as the level starts it crashes back to windows with an error like 'battlefieldvietnam.exe has created an error'. Im guessin its the graphics card '64mb Mirage 661FX' but was just wondering if there is any way to tweak it? My PC is a new 3.04Gz Pentium 4 so i dont think anything else could be causing it. Any help would be great!! Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Fandango wrote:
    Hiya guys,
    I just bought Battlefield Vietnam but unfortunately it appears that my Graphics Card is a piece of crap. It loads up fine, but as soon as the level starts it crashes back to windows with an error like 'battlefieldvietnam.exe has created an error'. Im guessin its the graphics card '64mb Mirage 661FX' but was just wondering if there is any way to tweak it? My PC is a new 3.04Gz Pentium 4 so i dont think anything else could be causing it. Any help would be great!! Cheers!

reinstal and update after you have updated your graphics drivers !!

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

Drapper wrote:
    reinstal and update after you have updated your graphics drivers !!
    Wow! Quick response, thx.
    So basically, update graphics drivers, uninstall game then reinstall?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I've never heard of your graphics card. Is it really old? Does it fit the minimum recommended spec for BF2?

Fandango wrote:
    Wow! Quick response, thx.
    So basically, update graphics drivers, uninstall game then reinstall?

give it a try, you got all the patches too for BFV?

is your card nvidia? www.nvidia.com

Wizzard its BFV ! not BF2, also cant find your GFX in a search

WizZard wrote:
    I've never heard of your graphics card. Is it really old? Does it fit the minimum recommended spec for BF2?
    I had never heard of it either until i was cursed with it :) Its an SiS Mirage 661FX card. The BF:V website has links to its drivers so im sure it accepts it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Even if the drivers get it to work with BF:V it doesn't sound like it will be much fun with that card. Also, you shouldn't have to reinstall the game after updating drivers. Where did you get a 3GHz P4 machine with such a poor graphics card?

Edit: Aah, its an integrated graphics chipset available on several motherboards.

Stephen wrote:
    Even if the drivers get it to work with BF:V it doesn't sound like it will be much fun with that card. Also, you shouldn't have to reinstall the game after updating drivers. Where did you get a 3GHz P4 machine with such a poor graphics card?

I suggested the reintal incase the error was established in the initial instal.... can happen! kill the two birds with the one stone !

Its a Phillips Iqon PC. Cheap and not so cheerful. Is there any way to tweak the graphics card a bit to get more from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

No. It's a piece of piss. Sorry :/

Whip off the case cover and check if you have an expansion card slot nearest the cpu. It'll probably be brown, and will be offset compared to the bunch of (generally white) PCI slots.
    If you have one then you can buy an AGP graphics card and slap it in.

SyxPak wrote:
    No. It's a piece of piss. Sorry :/

Whip off the case cover and check if you have an expansion card slot nearest the cpu. It'll probably be brown, and will be offset compared to the bunch of (generally white) PCI slots.
    If you have one then you can buy an AGP graphics card and slap it in.
    No apology needed, im fully aware its a piece of piss :) I am just reinstalling it now and see if that works, but i suppose it wont exactly be much fun at about 0.01 FPS. If there is an AGP slot, what card would you recommend?

Also, thx for all the help guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

What's the rest of your hardware like? How much ram have you got, what's the PSu in that thing like, what's your budget etc. On the cheap side I'd try to pick up a second hand ATI 9800 Pro. Maybe an nvidia 6600GT.

you can get a 6600gt quiet cheap on Komplett.ie

http://www.komplett.ie/k/kl.asp?action=Varesok&likePattern=6600gt%20agp

Stephen wrote:
    What's the rest of your hardware like? How much ram have you got, what's the PSu in that thing like, what's your budget etc. On the cheap side I'd try to pick up a second hand ATI 9800 Pro. Maybe an nvidia 6600GT.
    480mb Ram, PSu i just plain have no idea what that is, sorry :) No budget really, whatever it takes i suppose.

Reinstall didnt work so it looks like its a new graphics card

Advertisement