Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Bypass

Options
  • 02-09-2005 9:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

I am travelling to killarney from roscrea this evening. This will be the longest trip I have ever made since I started driving. I think I should be ok. Can anyone tell me where I join the Limerick Bypass and where I leave it. I have tried the route planner on the AA Ireland website but it does not give any information on the bypass.

Thanks In advance for any responses.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

Follow the signposts and you be grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Do they plan to remove that roundabout in the middle of the bypass?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

when you get to the end of the Nenagh/Limerick road you take the second exit at the roundabout, continue on the dual carriageway until the next roundabout and take the first exit. it's follow your nose after that.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

BrianD wrote:
    Do they plan to remove that roundabout in the middle of the bypass?
    Ah, BrianD, you make far too much sense, this world's obviously not made for one such as you.

I believe not - as far as I can tell they'll be adding the fourth road out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭sonyair

Yes the roundabout will be removed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

I am travelling to killarney from roscrea this evening. This will be the longest trip I have ever made since I started driving. I think I should be ok. Can anyone tell me where I join the Limerick Bypass and where I leave it. I have tried the route planner on the AA Ireland website but it does not give any information on the bypass.

Thanks In advance for any responses.

After leaving Adare you will enter dual carriageway, keep going on this road without leaving it, you will come to Rossbrien roundabout, take the 2nd exit for N7 Dublin, at the end of this dual carriageway is another roundabout same here take the second exit for N7 Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

sonyair wrote: »
    Yes the roundabout will be removed

I still cant believe with a junction that complex that they couldnt facilitate an entrance from the Dublin direction onto the road up to the Quality hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

Jumpy wrote: »
    I still cant believe with a junction that complex that they couldnt facilitate an entrance from the Dublin direction onto the road up to the Quality hotel.

The omission was deliberate, it wasn't due to any constraints, merely a decision around the time of the original planning/consultation (i.e. before either phase 1 of bypass or N20 were built).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Its a retarded decision though. It will further clog up the Tipp and Annacotty Roads. Not to mention the Dock road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Its retarded because they are building it now " a **** up"

I like to call the NRA " a **** up"

We need the NRA to become self aware. And ask the question are they able to plan our roads? Its a question we must ask ourselves.

To all the people on the NRA team. You are a **** up on everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Easy now.

Advertisement