Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ebay - help/advice

• 02-09-2005 9:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭

Hey all,

I listed my moble phone on ebay.

In the auction, I explicitly said I will only accept paypal and I will not ship the phone to nigeria.

Guess what happens?
    The person who won the auction wants to pay be western union/mongram and wants the item shipped to Nigeria. Is he having a laugh?

I've sent him an email saying that I will only accept paypal within 48 hours and will only ship to the phone to Europe!

Could this situtaion effect my rating? I have a low rating as I am only new to ebay.

Am I going about the proper way in dealing with this situation?

Thanks,
    Shakes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

Oh dear - I would have cancelled his bid as soon as I saw it.
    A lot of people who put stuff up for sale won't ship to Africa, and/or they will only accept bids from people with a certain amount of feedback.
    I would definitely cut your losses with this one and relist the phone at a later stage. You will still lose out on a bit of money (Listing Fees, and the ebay fee after the auction has ended), but I think you're better off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

fjon wrote:
    Oh dear - I would have cancelled his bid as soon as I saw it.
    A lot of people who put stuff up for sale won't ship to Africa, and/or they will only accept bids from people with a certain amount of feedback.
    I would definitely cut your losses with this one and relist the phone at a later stage. You will still lose out on a bit of money (Listing Fees, and the ebay fee after the auction has ended), but I think you're better off.

i think you get the fees back if you file a non-paying buyer report...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

you say where you will ship when you list , if you say 'worldwide' that includes Nigeria so a winning bid is perfectly valid , if you say UK and Ireland only then the bid is invalid if he is in Nigeria :) . If he said he was in the UK and turns out to be in Nigeria it is invalid too.

Use the built in messaging system in My eBay to contact him and tell him why you are refusing his bid if you have a case .

You may then contact the runner up if their price was OK and offer it to them to save you relisting. If that works send the runner up an invoice.

Never Never Never Never use Western Union if you are the purchaser on eBay , no matter what their rep is !!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

Sponge Bob wrote:
    you say where you will ship when you list , if you say 'worldwide' that includes Nigeria so a winning bid is perfectly valid , if you say UK and Ireland only then the bid is invalid if he is in Nigeria :) . If he said he was in the UK and turns out to be in Nigeria it is invalid too.

Cheers for your replies....

I said 'europe' for the auction and wrote that I will note ship to nigeria!
    Don't really know why he bothered bidding for it!
    Sponge Bob wrote:
    Use the built in messaging system in My eBay to contact him and tell him why you are refusing his bid if you have a case .

Done. Also, told him he was having a laugh!
    Sponge Bob wrote:
    You may then contact the runner up if their price was OK and offer it to them to save you relisting. If that works send the runner up an invoice.

Will do!
    Sponge Bob wrote:
    Never Never Never Never use Western Union if you are the purchaser on eBay , no matter what their rep is !!!!!!!

Yup, paypal is the only way!

Advertisement