Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is this thing real?

Options
  • 01-09-2005 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

I was trawling through Big-Boys.com and came across this video of a Camel Spider, now I don't think it is real becaise all that moves is it's front part, none of the legs move, but that is your verdict?
    Camel Spider

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

That thing gives me the heebie-jeebies. Seriously, I've got my legs shut so tight you wouldn't believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Would be surprised if it wasn't real.

Camel Spiders are huge ugly things. Give me the creeps. Imagine that scuttling across your sitting room floor! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Doper Than U

If that's the pic of the soldier holding the spider, then no, it's not real.. as in.. it's not that big, but it's a real pic. I'm not clicking on it though.. I hate spiders. I think snopes have a bit of info on that pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If that's the pic of the soldier holding the spider, then no, it's not real.. as in.. it's not that[/b] big, but it's a real pic. I'm not clicking on it though.. I hate spiders. I think snopes have a bit of info on that pic.

If you read the post properly you'd see he was talking about the movement of the spider. Hardly something from a picture :p

That picture isn't fake as you say, but just out of poportion. Still though, scary spider. I'm sure looking up Camel Spider on Google images will yield that infamous picture.

The above link is a camel spider feeding on what appears to be a decapitated reptile of some sort...lizard maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Doper Than U

Ah the movement! Sorry.. all I saw was "Camel spider" and "is that real".. and then the fear took over and everything else was a blur...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭tovalee

i'd say its real. but if i remeber right, they aren't actually spiders, but closer to a scorpion... creepy anyway. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

God almighty that thing is massive. I can't even think of the weapons I'd need on my body at all times if I lived in the same place as them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Here's a good video of it in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Jesus, That is disgusting. I can't stop the shivers going up and down my back.
    NEVER going near anywhere they are on holidays!

I've been freaking out about these ones all morning:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/4218436.stm

I've been finding what I am sure are these huge ones in my house all week and I'm not up the north!... ugh
    Scuttling across the floor or lurking over my head in the conservatory.... awful

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

We had a camel spider in the science lab in a terrarium for a while when I was a kid in Saudi Arabia, the one we had was a little darker than that and it was a nasty and leathery looking thing. They have a four way mandible that looks like it could give a very nasty nip and are possibly the most intimidating part of it when you see them up close.
    So basically yeah it is real or at least in my experience there is no reason it shouldn't be.

Advertisement