Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Square trade

Options
  • 01-09-2005 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53,909 ✭✭✭✭

lads rang up paypal today to try sort my dispute they told me try
    Squaretrade.com

can i use this even if the seller has become non registered
    theres no ebay item number

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,015 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Paypal are spinning you a line. Squaretrade is a mediation programme. You are well past the mediation stage and it is highly unlikely that the seller was ever a member of squaretrade

Ignore Paypal and contact your credit card company to dispute the Paypal transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,909 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ignore Paypal and contact your credit card company to dispute the Paypal transaction.
    i did
    but they told me they cant do anything

Your credit card company must have different policies for online fraud to mine. I would still insist that you are disputing the Paypal transaction and they should send you are form to append your signature

Your credit card company must have different policies for online fraud to mine. I would still insist that you are disputing the Paypal transaction and they should send you are form to append your signature
    im visa

what does the dispute do

You are telling your credit card company that you have a problem with a transaction (which could mean you never used it at that shop or you have been defrauded for online shopping). It is sometimes called a chargeback. The credit card company will send you a form for you to sign. This form is your way to give a truthful account of why you are filing a dispute. The credit card company will then freeze the transaction and investigate. Every time I have done this (3 times in total, the company have removed the transaction from my account which means I do not have to pay it.

What bank is your cc through? If they do not budge, I would seriously consider closing your account and opening one that offers protection against online fraud.

• Advertisement

You are telling your credit card company that you have a problem with a transaction (which could mean you never used it at that shop or you have been defrauded for online shopping). It is sometimes called a chargeback. The credit card company will send you a form for you to sign. This form is your way to give a truthful account of why you are filing a dispute. The credit card company will then freeze the transaction and investigate. Every time I have done this (3 times in total, the company have removed the transaction from my account which means I do not have to pay it.

What bank is your cc through? If they do not budge, I would seriously consider closing your account and opening one that offers protection against online fraud.
    bank of ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

[dead horse]

*flog*

*flog*

Headshot, Ive allready advised you to drop this, as its highly unlikely you will ever get anything more back form them. At this stage you are wasting your time.
    Just cost the money lost as experience gained and move on, IMO.

Advertisement