Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have or use an Autocom?

Options
  • 01-09-2005 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,503 ✭✭✭✭

I fitted one to my GS a couple of weeks ago, but I'm having a real problem fitting the speakers/Mic. The helmet is a Schuberth Concept, which has areas for the speakers, however, after 20 minutes it hurts like a bass-turd.

Can anyone recommend a good helmet that comfortably takes Autocom speakers, or know if there's any alternative speakers (more slender) that hook up to an autocom system?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Sorry - I just spotted this post. I've Autocom in my Schuberth for a few years now. I don't know where you put the speakers, but if you just velcro'd them on to the lining...........you're wasting your time !!

Have a look here http://homepage.eircom.net/~moylan/helmetmods.htm

..or PM me.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Tricia Warner

There should be areas in your Schuberth especially for Autocom Speakers. I have had them in mine, and at first I didn't think the speakers were in the right place, so I carved out a pit of the styrofoam, and had the speakers directly over my ears, but as you pointed out, they hurt like hell.
    Then I put the speakers into the grooves, kindly supplied by Schuberth, and although the speakers aren't directly over your ears, the sound is still plenty good.
    HTH,
    Tricia

• Registered Users Posts: 19,503 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Thanks Tricia... I did have the speakers in the 'pockets' but they still hurt like bejaysus.. I think carving or soldering (thanks galwaytt) the foam is my next port of call...

Advertisement