Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porsche 911

Options
  • 01-09-2005 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi,

Does anyone know if the 911 Carrera can be insured under 'Classic
    Insurance Policy' if it has 1980's plate ?

cheers in advance

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭flat6

I have a '76 Carrera, insured on a classic policy with AXA - afaik, their cutoff was 20 years...

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭dealgan

I'm with axa, although mine is 30 years, I believe it is 25 years minimum.

So that makes it September 1980.

There is carole nash .. they will insure newer as classics, but they were mad expensive for my 911. My friend has a 944 with them for very little, but I was quoted around 800 with limited mileage !!!
    Nearly fell off my chair.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭paul moore

I have been in contact with carol nash trying to insure a 911 but as im 26 years old they have a min. age of 30 from the porsche owners club of Ireland ?
    Is this true ??????

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭dealgan

paul moore wrote:
    I have been in contact with carol nash trying to insure a 911 but as im 26 years old they have a min. age of 30 from the porsche owners club of Ireland ?
    Is this true ??????

Er, I don't know. As I passed that age mark a "while" ago :D

I'd be surprised if that is true. Mabye if you're a member of the porsche club gb there would be different rules ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

Yes it is true.
    I got a quotation off them 3 years ago, then I went and bought my 911sc, a few months later.
    When I rang them (carole nash) to pay for the policy they informed me that I shouldnt have been quoted as I was under 30. (27 at the time), so I convinced my dad to get a garage policy for our company, so Im ok now,
    But sadly I must inform you , for a 911 on classic with c nash, you have to be 30.
    Iirc there cut off for car eligibility was 20 years, and you had to be a member of Porsche Club Ireland. - Mike Grimes from Porsche Club Ireland was in the process of helping me 'negotiate' a policy with some companies (low mileage limit, etc) when I went and got the garage policy, so Maybe he can help you.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement