Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Black and white Stones??

Options
  • 01-09-2005 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

What the hell is the deal with the Black and with stones.Jack Finds them in one of the bodies pockets when he finds the caves and then puts them in his pocet.You dont see them again till i cant remember who has a dream but Lock is in the dream and one of his eyes is black and the other is white.WTF is that about? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

kinda lost wrote:
    What the hell is the deal with the Black and with stones.Jack Finds them in one of the bodies pockets when he finds the caves and then puts them in his pocet.You dont see them again till i cant remember who has a dream but Lock is in the dream and one of his eyes is black and the other is white.WTF is that about? :confused:

i've been intrigued by this aswell. Locke mentioned them in one of the earlier episodes. He was talking to Walt about how backgammon is played. He holds up the black and white playing pieces and says "one is dark and one is light" (or something to that effect).

hasn't been mentioned in a while, maybe a red herring?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Spoiler for any UK viewers...
    Doesn't the french lady make some reference to a black rock or something similar in her maps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭kinda lost

A red herrinG???? Im a little confused by that.
    But i was thinking about the game of backgammon aswell.Id say theres definitly a link there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Peace wrote:
    Spoiler for any UK viewers...
    Doesn't the french lady make some reference to a black rock or something similar in her maps?

That has noting to do with this but you will find out more about it.

As for the stones I reckon we will see more in the next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

She also has the island divided into the dark territory and the light territory.

The accepted theory seems to be that they signify a contrast between two ideologies - faith and science. Over the course of the series, there are indications that particular characters are falling into one or other of these two camps. Which is which, and which is right just aren't explained so far. It may well be the over-riding story of the whole show though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭kinda lost

mr_angry wrote:
    She also has the island divided into the dark territory and the light territory.

The accepted theory seems to be that they signify a contrast between two ideologies - faith and science. Over the course of the series, there are indications that particular characters are falling into one or other of these two camps. Which is which, and which is right just aren't explained so far. It may well be the over-riding story of the whole show though.
    Interesting and makes sense too

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Fridge

On the Lost Untold stuff on the Channel 4 website, it uses the white and black stones for each person. It might give more of a clue as to what they mean if you note what you see when you click on either of the stones.

Advertisement