Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise from pump for pressurised water system

Options
  • 31-08-2005 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm about to move into a house with a pressurised water system. The pump is fixed to a concrete floor and is boxed in with thick insulation, but there's still very noticable noise and it's an open-plan layout. Is there anything I can do to reduce the noise. any padding or lagging that will muffle the sound? I heard somthing about a bag that can surround the pump - anyone know anything about it? I'd be grateful for any ideas! MJ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

The sound is probably carried on by the connection between the concrete and the pump. Maybe it would be possible to put something between them , a rubber mat to deaden the sound.Basically all you want is to have something to dampen the vibrations of the pump ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

Is there a possibility that there is air in the pump causing the extra noise ?, it might be worth asking the builder or plumber to check the pump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 maryjosephine

Thanks beldin and rooferpete - will check with the builder if rubber can be fitted underneath. both archtect and builder claim that the pump is quiet, relative to other pumps, so they may not think there's a fault - but I'll ask!MJ

Advertisement