Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spilt White Spirit

Options
  • 31-08-2005 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

We're getting carpet put down in a room tomorrow, but managed to spill white spirit on the concrete floor last night.

Will this be a problem with the carpet arriving tomorrow - i.e. possibilty of the smell getting trapped underneath? If so, anything we can do at this stage to help the evaporation/drying process to avoid any problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Macy wrote:
    Will this be a problem with the carpet arriving tomorrow - i.e. possibilty of the smell getting trapped underneath? If so, anything we can do at this stage to help the evaporation/drying process to avoid any problems?

Just air the room as much as possible. A word of caution though - if you used rags or paper to soak up the wite spirits - these can catch fire very easliy in warm weather. I've heard tales of self combustion - though that may be over egging the pudding, it's not something I'd take a chance on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Macy

Borzoi wrote:
    Just air the room as much as possible. A word of caution though - if you used rags or paper to soak up the wite spirits - these can catch fire very easliy in warm weather. I've heard tales of self combustion - though that may be over egging the pudding, it's not something I'd take a chance on
    Thanks. Home and then windows wide open,,,

Advertisement