Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College in the north west

Options
  • 31-08-2005 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

Sept is upon us and the examination results are out.

Did anyone get offers for letterkenny and sligo. what courses are you doing and are you aprehensive about going to a new town.
    YOu should post your queries on here as there is a lot of ppl here who may be able to help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

I went to college in Sligo, and loved every minute of it. It's a wonderful town to be a student in, and the scene is very friendly with plenty of student social events throughout the year. You'll also find the amount of babes around is amazing...! :D

After doing four years in Sligo and getting the Degree, I took a break from the town but still went back for more and here I am, doing a post-grad!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Brianb8802

Ya im movin up to sligo next week
    Went to CIT in cork for 3 years now gona do another 2 years in IT sligo.

Whats sligo like, i was up there during the week and stayed a night, didnt seem to be much going on up there. Im stayin in Clarin village for the year.

What kinda things are near clarion village, is there pubs, and shops close?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Im in magee coollege this year, wondering if anyone else on boards is. Im doing BEng Electronics and Computer Systems :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I'm in IT Sligo, doing Computer Networks & Systems, living in Yeats Village.

I LOVE IT! The course is a bit too generalised in 1st year but I knew it would be like that for year 1. The social life is great, and theres always parties in the accomadation as theres about 100 houses there and the security arent too bad.

I have a car so getting around isint too bad, but id go mad if I had to walk into town everyday to buy shopping etc. Also theres plenty of clubs & socs in the place, I joined the swimming, sub aqua, surfing & kayacking and rugby club so I should be kept busy for the year... I think its time to give up the fags heh

Advertisement