Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed Dating Event in NorthWest?

Options
  • 30-08-2005 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hey,

Do you think a Speed Dating Event wud be successfull in Sligo? Would you attend? I think it would be a brilliant night. People might see it as being "sad" meeting someone at an event like this - but its just fun and u never know u might meet someone u like! ;) Whats peoples general opinion on them?

€25 a head - free wine! Sound interesting?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Barbie_666

i'd love to try it,but is there any age restrictions tho?im the very north part of the north west!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Yeah, the dating would need to be done at very fast speed for fear my wife catches me. :D

Seriously I'll have to give this a by but I think it is a teriffic idea if someone can organise it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

speed dating in the north west. I have heard it all now. All i can say is thank god i met my wife cause i would be a disaster at this one. It takes me 5 mins to get the courage to talk to a stranger still and i am gone 30.

Fairplay to you all who take part and it should go ahead.

Keep us posted and see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's really only useful if you want get rejected 40 times in one evening as opposed to your usual 3 or 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Honestly, it sounds like a great idea - go for it!! I'm not single right now, but when I was I was always thinking "pity there aren't any of those dating thingies in Sligo town", I would def try it!

I also notice the amount of single people coming out of niteclubs is ridiculous, this method of finding a partner seems to work for only a small minority of people. So many go home alone and unsatisfied. I know so many wonderful people, who are young and eager to meet a potential partner but it's not happening for them. Speed dating could be the missing link...

Go for it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Fabrizio

Thanks for all yer replies, Thing is that recently about 4 months ago Today FM tried to organise one in Sligo and it didnt happen beacuse 3 people didnt turn up - they were struggling for numbers at one stage. Would people pay €25? What age group is best to begin with 20 - 26 or older say 25-32??

Im think of having one in the next month or two in Sligo. Student one maybe and then an older one. I think it would be a great idea and hopefully successfull if run properly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭frankmcfrank

lets get it on

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Yes, if advertised well it will be a big success.

I heard that Today FM did speed dating in loads of Irish towns, and it was a huge success everywhere. Then they did it in Sligo, and they had a room full of eager women, and about 1 man :rolleyes: What does that say about Sligo?

For instance, I know one woman in her (possibly mid) 30's - she is very pretty, good job, great body, super personality, etc. and she says it's impossible to meet a partner in Sligo at her age. I think you should have an event that has different sections catering to 18 - 27, and 27 - 35, and 35 - 40 or something. Don't leave an age group out. Or of course you could have one of those, "I am a x year old, looking for someone in the range of x - x." Then you could mix and match it based on that.

"Would people pay €25?"

That is a little high IMO, especially for younger people or students. would it really be that expensive to organise? How about €15? (It's enough of a big step to get the balls to go, another thing then to plough €25 into something that you have no idea how it's going to end up). I think that's high enough, and I'd be willing to pay it if I was single.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

heh let me know how it goes, goodluck!
    i think im way too shy to meet a girl like that,dunno....plus 19 is lil' young....to the clubs!

Advertisement