Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

le dakar

Options
  • 29-08-2005 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

dakar

Hello since the age of 7 I have wished to compeat in the dakar rally.It is something I must do for if I did not I could not look back on life and say I lived it to the full.I am curently 17 and have just started thinking about how this Is going to happen and I have no idea were to start I wish to start of on a bike and hopefully progess to a car at a alter stage so here is my question. 1) were the hell do I start 2) who easy hard is it to start in this form of motorsport. 3)what sort of bike should I get etc. so far the only step I have taken is filling out the entry form for 2015. please any help given would be so greatly appricated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Garibaldi

You'd need an FIA licence. They have an office in Belfast, I think. A quick Google should sort that out for you. They'd probably be able to point you in the direction of some decent resources for advice and training aswell.

A few experienced riders do occassionally swing by at www.ukgser.com, so you might get more informed advice there.

Good luck with it. It's something I wanted to do for years, but I left it too long, and now, unless I won a ****load of cash, there's just no way. Sigh..... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,081 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The best thing to do is probably motocross/enduro for a few years - if you win everything in sight here in Ireland then you might be good enough to consider entering the Dakar - after another couple of years spent doing some pretty extreme endurance training. You'll need to be a top athlete to be able to cope with the physical stresses involved. There are a few sites about which have been written by competitors, GIYF. Most of the entrants are in their 30s - you need experience and stamina that only comes with years of very hard work. Good luck!

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Advertisement